Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from school today I see this nice Corvette at a 3-way stop. He almost peeled out just so he could get out in front of me, so I decided to get right on his bumper. There was one car ahead of the vette, then me. In front of us was a wide open strait road. How lucky was I, the car turned off. So I flashed my lights hoping he would get the point. He rolls down his windows, and drops his arm, I was in 3rd going about 30 at the time. I quickly shifted into 2nd, and put the gas to the floor. He gained a little on me right then, and then I stayed about an even distance behind him until about 80 when he let off. I was very suprised. I've got an 95 NA 5-spd by the way. I looked a little closer at his car, and noticed a "G/S" emblem on the right side under the taillights. I've never heard of a G/S Corvette before, and I dont think there is one, although I could be wrong. Anyways, anybody heard of this "G/S" Corvette, or have any idea how I could keep up with him. Maybe he was just a bad shifter or it was an auto. I was pretty happy about it though.:D

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think I stood a chance either, but I kept up. It was definately the newest body style (above 2000), I'm not sure exactly what a C5 is, sorry.

·
Registered
945 Posts
if it was blue with a fat white stripe in the middle it was the older corvette grand sport

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was definately the newest body style of Corvettes. I am positive of that. I think thats '01 and later or maybe '00 and later.

·
Registered
116 Posts
NastyOutTheHole said:
correction he was cruising and you where racing him*
My point exactly

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look I dont need your smart ass remarks about my car, I hate posting because of people like you. I simply asked if anybody knew of this G/S Corvette. Thats all, I didn't need your opinion on how fast my car was.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
yea xenon, i agree with you, people automaticaly assume that you couldent win. i never post in this area, just for that reason

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
A true G/S Corvette would be a C4 ('84 to '96) special edition with 330 HP, they were all blue with a white stripe. Those are low 13s 1/4 mile cars. The C5 Vette is a very high 12 to mid 13s car and you wouldn't have a chance at beating either of them unless the driver was either retarded or couldn't find traction. But anything can happen on the street. :cool:

·
shortbus FTW
270 Posts
Xenon - the reason you are being doubted is because a NA supra is probably a mid 15 sec 1/4 car if you are lucky and running it against anything that has 100 HP + atleast 75 ft/lb torque on you, even if the guy sucked at driving the raw power of his car would over power you, even if you wanted to win it wouldn't happen.. infact all they would have to do is floor it and it would happen. I am not dogging you by any means it's just the truth it's like some rice boy in their civic saying yeah my 100% stock 95' civic DX w/18" rims just beat down a 03' viper in a race.. so no dis bud just stating some facts

·
Registered
116 Posts
EricTheGreat said:
Xenon - the reason you are being doubted is because a NA supra is probably a mid 15 sec 1/4 car if you are lucky and running it against anything that has 100 HP + atleast 75 ft/lb torque on you, even if the guy sucked at driving the raw power of his car would over power you, even if you wanted to win it wouldn't happen.. infact all they would have to do is floor it and it would happen. I am not dogging you by any means it's just the truth it's like some rice boy in their civic saying yeah my 100% stock 95' civic DX w/18" rims just beat down a 03' viper in a race.. so no dis bud just stating some facts
Again my point exactly :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts