Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 1J and other brotheren...
Im going to list the stuff i plan on buying for my drift MKiii project,while im here in good ol'e iraq......
I plan on throwing down about 10-15k...Gotta love tax free combat pay..:)

I just wanted to get some of your guy's opinions, dont worrie about makeing me upset or hurting my feelings im very thick skinned..Let the comments fly gentlemen...:)

Im shooting for a good 4-500whp...

1) SINGLE KIT....(Built by SF memeber [email protected] out of FLA.)

a.GT40-82 W/.68AR
b.TIAL 44MM WG
c.4IN DP W/V-BANDS
d.CUSTOM MANIFOLD
e.OIL LINES & FITTINGS
f.INTAKE PIPE & K&N FILTER
g.T-4 GASKET
h.TURBO MANI.REAR HOUSING & DP HEAT COATED
i. POLISHED COMP. HOUSING
About $2650.00

2) I.C. KIT (By [email protected])

a. I.C. (Dont know size yet)
b. PIPES
c. 50MM TIAL BOV.
About $950.00

3.) "VEILSIDE" STYLE INTAKE MANI.

a.MODED TO FIT BY ([email protected])
About 2-300$$?? No price quote yet.....

...................................................Other stuff..............................................................

RSR-GT 2 Exhaust $425.00 (suprasport.com)
NEW 550cc inj. W/2J MAP $400.00
255lph pump $99.00
AEROMOTIVE FPR kit from (suprasport.com) comes with lines and fittings.. $300.00 Cam Gears
Aftermkt. Radiator..(Any ideas on what one??)
Greddy EBC $250.00
APEX-I POWER FC
DATALOGIT
6 Puck Clutch Kit
Get Tranny Reworked and beefed up..?? (Dont know where from yet)

..................................................Suspension..............................................................

Tein Drift Spec. Coilovers
Custom Roll cage
KAAZ Diff.
F&R Sway Bars $265.00 (suprasport.com)
Rear Traction Arms W/Poly bushings $387.00 (suprasport.com)
Main Poly Bushing Kit $444.00 (suprasport.com)

..................................................Misc/Interior/Exterior.............................................................

Bride Seats W/sliders & Rails
Full gutted interior
5% Limo Tint..:)
KAZE Widebody kit Or Do Luck kit.
Volk Rims or similar....Depending on body kit
Misc.new stuff like H20 pump,T-Belt ect...
Big Brake kit ect.. ( I need some help finding a good kit) Any ideas guys..

Ok whoooo im done..

I know i forgott something...
Any suggetions/ideas would be great guys..

Thanks
Josh

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
not much of a street car anymore huh? its a sweet list of parts.... but the only thing i dont like is the drift spec coilovers. i have super streetes and they are really pushing it for these crap roads we drive on here, and a gt40r is not a drift turbo. other than that mismatch i like it. check out 935motorsports for big brakes. they have a few different options.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha..Ya ill still be taking her out on the streets... Ill just look like a drunk driver, driving down 94 swerving away from all the dam pot holes... It should be nice,when its done....I also have that white 91 MR2 with the jdm 3sgte and a blitz kit ect..That will be getting about 2-3k put into it to,for more of a daily driver about 300whp in that.........

I plan on getting some guys together and some hopefully sponsors and supporters to get a drift event together,when i get home.....Or ill just buy my own plot off land out in BFE and build a drift course..ya baby..That would be the shit...

What would be a bettter choice for a "drift" turbo????? I have the option to get a TO4Z???:)

Is the GT40-82 different from the GT40-r???
Is it to laggy do you mean,please explain....

I mean this car i want to be just for drift events and maybe the occasionall weekend run on uni ave...

Thanks
Josh

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
GL sounds like a big project.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it wont be too bad..The hard part is just geting back from iraq..ha :)

Ill just have to lock myself in my garage for about 3 months then emerge with my dream machine.....I can do all the work myself, sooo shouldnt be too bad..except the bushings and the diff,maybe..I already have a good running 1j, a pfc,and it all runs fine i just have to pull it all out and start from scratch...
Most of the stuff is going to be "subcontracted" out to get built....

Ill still have to find somebody to tune the PFC.....Any takers....??

My uncle has a body shop, sooo it will be up to him for the body kit molding and paint....

Josh

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I would do a gt35r or gt30r

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
tissimo said:
I would do a gt35r or gt30r
Agreed, for a drift car you arent going to like the GT40 IMO.

Also, based on your list I would say you need to increase your budget by about 6 grand. But man that would be a sweet setup!

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
yeah the gt30r would net my recommendation for drift. i am hoping to go to the gt35r for street/drag.... but with my budget there will be someting better by then. :urowned:

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas...Illl be talking to the guy that is building it........Ill just get both turbos and have one for drag and one for drift.........ha ha...What about the to4z???

Hey another 6k no problem, ill walk out of iraq with about 60k in my bank account..:)

I was going to do an sc 1j but i love my mkiii and dont want to get on the sc band wagon just yet......Plus i have the mr2 to build a little.....

What do you guys think the gt35 with put down for numbers???

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
gt-40 is over-kill for drift. try gt-30r of even a 35r. but the 30r would suit you best and still capable of 500+ hp. but good luck on the project.

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
The GT4082 he is talking about should be fine.... its rated for 650 crank, the GT4067 is rated for 750 crank.... thats what I think you are all thinking about.

The GT4082 has a 58mm inducer and is a 50 trim Comp wheel and a 73 trim Turbine

The GT4067 is a 67mm turbo with a 54 trim compressor wheel and a 84 trim Turbine

IMO he should be fine with the 4082

The GT35 is about $70 more expensive but will give you just a bit more seat in the pants feel and about 100hp less than the 4082.

The GT35 is rated to 510 Crank
The 3582RL is good to about 640 Crank

There is a great post about what one of our customers did with the 4088 which is a tick bigger than the 4082 you are looking to get.... http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353905
Look at the bottom of the post for his readings from his log... remember.... this is on stock fuel.

[email protected]

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys..Ill be just sticking with the GT40-82..Im planning on drifting fast and hard,i want at least 450whp if not more...

Ya rudy told me that they have some bigger gt40 turbos but i said i didnt want it..Im pretty sure hell set me up right, by using the 4082..

Hey Tim..Can you guys down and SP tune my PFC if i have a datalogit for it????

Thanks fellas
Josh

·
Banned
280 Posts
The GT4082 I sold to a customer made 420whp at about 14psi (i think.... i am sure the boost level was under 15psi) on a 1jzgte.

I was doubtful when i first heard of the GT40 88 and 82 turbos out spooling a set of stock twins on a 2jzgte auto but after driving in a 1jzgte with this turbo I would recomend it to any one who is looking for a single turbo after stock twins and looking for driveability with a large midrange powerband. And for the price of the turbo $919.00 is a great price on a Garrett turbo.

·
Banned
280 Posts
supraguru05 said:
what about the spool on the 4082 when did it get the 14 psi
I think it was around 3400 rpm when started boosting. The car has a AFC and no standalone so I am not able to get any logs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts