Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the 1/8th mile last night and launched off the 2-step (11psi) 5000 RPM and bam went my diff. It broke the case and everything. I was running the ET streets with Tien HA's set to soft. I have a ITS 66DBB turbo with EMS.

If anyone has or knows of someone that does have a J-spec or US spec complete six speed rear end (pumpkin, hog's head) case and all let me know please.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Damn man, that sucks!
Did it wheel hop?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. It didn't move a bit. It's at your cousins shop in SB. By the way PM me your cousins name, shop name and address. He's the guy with the Alaskin husky. He towed me late last night to his shop.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That's odd, you shouldn't be making enough power to do that! It must've been flawed from the factory or something.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if they would have or not.

It's the road coarse for me from now on. I'll build a cheap car for the strip.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
SupraNatural said:
Nope. It didn't move a bit. It's at your cousins shop in SB. By the way PM me your cousins name, shop name and address. He's the guy with the Alaskin husky. He towed me late last night to his shop.
Ill give ya a call tonight w/ the info.

·
Registered
484 Posts
BLACKMKIV said:
would TRD gears prevented this?
Shouldn't have broken the stock gears. Sounds like there was a deeper problem. There are hundreds of guys hitting the diff w/ alot more power that haven't had any problems. Just sounds like a factory flaw to me... Bad deal for the owner of the car, but don't let it discourage you.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will a J-spec rear end bolt right up? What's the difference besides it being a 3.27 instead of a 3.13?

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Were these bias-ply or the radial ET streets?

DP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts