·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks FLINTSTONESKID and Supra 98

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I wrapped up my entire exhaust (Veilside Teardrop TI) with Thermo-Tec and noise lessened, especially trailing-throttle boom but the noise changed into something more annoying but less loud lol

TI is finicky to mess with I guess.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice job, I covered my tranny tunnel with a similar product after installing a lwfw and it made a noticable difference in noise. I'm sure your car is very nice a quiet now, probably feels a lot more "solid" too.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
I wrapped up my entire exhaust (Veilside Teardrop TI) with Thermo-Tec and noise lessened, especially trailing-throttle boom but the noise changed into something more annoying but less loud lol

TI is finicky to mess with I guess.
how did you do this? pics?

·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Nice job, I covered my tranny tunnel with a similar product after installing a lwfw and it made a noticable difference in noise. I'm sure your car is very nice a quiet now, probably feels a lot more "solid" too.
Thanks neloner.

Yes it does feel a lot more solid.

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
This is an awesome Thread!! The detail in work is amazing. I would luv to do something as extreme as this but the time and money is outta reach at the moment.I am doing the floor board,tunnel and firewall to reduce alil noise but Mainly to reduce Heat.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
This is something I'd like to do during the winter. Not in a big scale like this, but atleast cover the trunk, rear seat area, rear wheel wells and doors. I hate the interior sound I get at 65mph, you'll have to raise your voice to talk to the passenger.

·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
This is an awesome Thread!! The detail in work is amazing. I would luv to do something as extreme as this but the time and money is outta reach at the moment.I am doing the floor board,tunnel and firewall to reduce alil noise but Mainly to reduce Heat.
Thank you!

This is something I'd like to do during the winter. Not in a big scale like this, but atleast cover the trunk, rear seat area, rear wheel wells and doors. I hate the interior sound I get at 65mph, you'll have to raise your voice to talk to the passenger.
Yes, a good wintertime project.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sparkboy, I believe you did a clean job on your Supra, BUT...I honestly believe you spent too much effort and money on this project and could have achieved much more for a little over half the price using Second Skin.

I am currently in the middle of the same project. I think what would have been best for you is if you had sprayed second skin Spectrum in the ENTIRE wheel well areas, UNDER the car, AND the interior of the car. Then layer the interior with damplifier on top of the spectrum so that you "sandwich" the sheet metal of the car. Then you would be as quiet as a Camry lol as someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

But regardless, your work looks very professional. Great job. And thank you for providing pictures. Very helpful!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Reviving an old thread here as I am looking to swap my interior to black and this caught my attention.

SupraRunner93 - how did your project ever turn out with using spectrum?

I remember during a heat transfer class at UW in 2007, we had a presentation from some starting company on a spray-on thin layered insulation they had developed. They used this stuff to insulate cars, as well as insulate water-holding tanks over in Iraq (this is the only example I remember that stuck in my head 4 years ago lol). I emailed my old professor to see if he remembers this company's name. If I do hear anything, I'll do a little research and chime in what I find.

But this "spectrum" stuff sounds a lot like what I am looking for. Would be interested to hear some results people have after using this stuff.

cheers
-Anders

·
Registered
80 Posts
hi,
i seem to have an issue regarding a noise at the very rear of my vehicle. the noise is a rattle/vibration and it occurs when i go over the slightest imperfection on a road (which is quite often since there are few "perfect" roads). at first i thought it might be a bushing problem but it seems as though it is coming from the very rear of the interior. i was hoping that it would be a simple fix like perhaps removing the targa top holders in the back because they seem quite loose but im not sure that is the problem. i also have a complete audio system and it might be moving within the tiny crevices of the trunk but i doubt it is that either because my system is quite solid. i was wondering if my problem is more related to this thread? i was looking at another thread on the forum about a similar problem that is fixed by replacing the hatch rubber stoppers, but their problem seem to only occur at 2800-3500rpm whereas the noise i hear happens regardless of rpm. can anyone help me get an idea of what it could be? or has anyone had a similar issue?
thank you very much

-samo

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
50 Participants
sparkboy
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing