Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I FINALLY got around to taking some vidoes of my car, the car is on pump gas TOTALLY untuned @ 20psi running hella rich. These videos are all mpeg2 format. Here are a quick rundown of the mods on my car if you dont already know.

SP71GTQ full turbo kit
SP fuel system w/ 84lb injectors
VPC/GCC
HPF clutch / RPS billet flywheel
+ a shit load more bolt-ons I cant remember off the top of my head :D

** WARNING THESE FILES ARE HUGE, NOT 56K SAFE **
RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS !!

1st Video : I was just crusing from a low rpm, let it build boost and just basically went through the gears.

http://pittspeed.com/public/roll.mpg

2nd Video : I launched the car a lil too hard and it was really loose in 1st, I got on it and let off many times and it still never got traction, it was also loose in 2nd a lil. The camera wasnt even on the road.. those are my brothers camcorder skills for ya

http://pittspeed.com/public/supra4_ic.mpg

3rd Video : A nice pass through the gears starting from 1st, spinning a lil into 2nd

http://pittspeed.com/public/supra7_ic.mpg

4th Video : I was crusing in 3rd until I got to the middle of the guardrail, I down shited into 2nd and hammered it.

http://pittspeed.com/public/supra8_ic.mpg

5th Video : Last but definatly not the least. A rear view of a launch, the car actually came out of the hold nicley this time but the power just spun it through 1st, 2nd, and a hint of 3rd gear. I didnt even launch it too high that time, the tires just couldnt hold the power.

http://pittspeed.com/public/supra_launch.mpg

Its put away for the winter now :( so I figured I take some vids so this winter I wont forget how fun she really is! Im gonna get some slicks / wheels for the track next year and see what she will do on 28-30psi :D

Let me know what you think, like I said this car was never dyno tuned, but I can tell you its making some sick power as it is. I raced my buddys 03 Cobra w/ some mods and did him in extremely bad (he used to own a 9 sec stang, so he knows how to drive too!). Cant wait till its tuned on 30psi!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sweet videos man, what kind of exhaust are you running?

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Turbo sounds mean! Let me know when you want to sell it lol :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Does anyone know what codec will play this. I have media player 9 and it says error finding codec.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
That's exactly the type of vids I like. I really shows how she spools and how she pulls! Both are crazy!! :D I think this would be my turbo choice...does not seem to laggy at all.

Question: In the 1st video, from what rpm did you start when we see the boost gauge? It spooled very decently...I juste wanted to know from where you started. BTW, isn't it a bit dangerous to run 20 psi on pump fuel!? Hopefully, it's a least 94...

-Olivier

·
Registered
970 Posts
im not getting sound....at all

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greg Bielawski - The spool is ok, it hits full boost around 5, maybe a ilttle sooner. I believe once it gets tuned in on the dyno the spool will increase a little, especially if I get an AEM ;) . I am on the stock rev limiter & stock cams, I want to get cams over the winter, but im not sure yet.. I might see how fast I can get it on the stock cams, then add the cams. The car feels soo good now, I cant wait till its tuned.. there should be a lot more in it without even adding cams. I want to put some slicks on the car next year and see what it does on like 28 psi or so.

-SuPrA sInGh- - My exhaust is an Apexi N1, Thanks :)

bad94sup - You mean my car? or turbo? PM me.

Dave C - Thanks man ! :D

Olivier Caza - Thanks, I love raw video of my car, thats why I took it! I run sunoco ultra 94 all the time when im not running race gas. I honeslty cant remember what rpm I was at, the car builds boost really fast, when larry told me about the turbo he said "Try the new SP71GTQ, it spools as fast as a SP63 and has almost as much top end as the SP74!" I was like give it to me, because I wanted to order a SP67 at 1st, but once i heard about the 71GTQ I was sold.

The Mad Supra & S14Roller - Im sorry your not getting any sound... I have windows xp with the most update windows media player, try downloading an upgrade for your media player on microsofts site. I hope you can get it to work.

Thanks for the comments.

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
Nice vids..

DivX is your friend, and mine for internet video postings. Let me know if you need some advice on converting if you plan to post more.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
wierd, i dled the latest version of 9 for XP and it still doesnt work. Nor does the 5.11 DivX player. Divx cant read the format and the media player has a error finding the codec.

T

·
0 Posts
11.73 @ 119 = NICE man, very nice impressive.. I saw a supra on a vid today run a 9.88 or something at about 153, seems like youd be approacing that sort of time, im not sure how many HP or TQ you have, but id take a guess and say if you have stock fuel 550 and if you have better fuel system over 700, thats a big turbo you have and tuned you damn sure should hit over 700 if you dont have that already. ~ Brett

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Sweet vids :)

I especially liked the launch :) The flames and sounds were simply awesome!!! :drooling:

I'm counting on you to post some more vids at 28psi fully tuned :D:D

T

·
0 Posts
bummer, I got no codec or what ever that is either, no sounds, but i can see the vids, and all i can say is my fave one even with out the sound is the launch ... geze man, thats some sweet tire spinning going on all the way out 3'rd gear still chirping, *hints at wider more sticky tires* heh heh heh, Evil grin here.... well anyway nice vids and I wish i could fig. out why i have no sounds they are a lot less interesting when i cant hear whats going on.. imagine having sex with a girl who holds her breath, takes half the fun out of it :)) ~ Brett

T

·
0 Posts
thanks, ill go check that out right now :) ~ Brett

Edit: that was confusing, i downloaded it but it says i cant install because it wants me to pick a location? it was a part of winamop or something .. what ever that Ac3 thing is? not to sure what i did wrong or what but .. i dunno im so lost

·
Vitesse
673 Posts
Can't seem to work for me either, only sound. Hmmm....

Well it sounds mean though!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.