Supra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 209 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
Just ran across this in speed hunters. Thanks for the mention! I think I am doing another set right now for them. Excellent car build BTW and I think he won several awards at SILV this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Just ran across this in speed hunters. Thanks for the mention! I think I am doing another set right now for them. Excellent car build BTW and I think he won several awards at SILV this year.
Stu how far out are you currently from being able to do a LED conversion? Only thing that I hate about my interior currently

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
Stu how far out are you currently from being able to do a LED conversion? Only thing that I hate about my interior currently
No backlog at this time of year. Can usually be done by about 2 weeks by the time you send and get them back.

Stu

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Your work is top notch! There was no way I couldn't mention your name! I regret not being able to meet you at this past years SIV. Hopefully we can meet in person at SIV'15!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sending you a PM Stu, hopefully you are still game to do these!

·
Registered
116 Posts
same here Stu, sent you a pm

·
Administrator
8,398 Posts
I will post detailed photos when I'm back in town, however I just got my cluster back from Stu, unfucking believeable how nice this mod is. The attention to detail he has makes the mod appear nearly stock. Wires routed cleanly/secure and the lenses are polished to a shine. I did not expect to be this impressed. If you're on the fence about this mod don't be. Glad I did it .

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
I will post detailed photos when I'm back in town, however I just got my cluster back from Stu, unfucking believeable how nice this mod is. The attention to detail he has makes the mod appear nearly stock. Wires routed cleanly/secure and the lenses are polished to a shine. I did not expect to be this impressed. If you're on the fence about this mod don't be. Glad I did it .
Stu is great with this stuff.

·
You're a daisy if you do
81 Posts
FastTurbo, thanks for commenting on this bc it reminded me that I never posted the final pics from my Stu upgrade this past December! I opted for the "TRD style" tach face but with the needle in the normal OEM position and the HVAC upgrade. Stu also incorporated the shift light feature which is awesome! Keeps my eyes focused on the road while getting on it and has a dual warning which shows solid red when you're at your preset rev limit, but if you go 550 rpm's above that it flashes red and white to really grab your attention. Absolutely phenomenal upgrade. There may be some "sticker shock" to some interested in doing this facelift but once it's in there, you'll fully appreciate the value added to the already beautifully designed cockpit of the Supra. 10/10 would bang. :idhitit:

·
Registered
362 Posts
OK... so I ripped apart my dash the other day and pulled out my gauge cluster and HVAC controls. I PMed Stu to see where to ship them off to but apparently he is in Singapore for a month. He said to contact him again in mid March. I imagine with packing and shipping time both ways plus the actual labor time, I'm going to be well into April before I get these back into my car. I'm trying to avoid re-installing these and putting my dash back together, then ripping it apart again to send them out. Then reassembling again when they are finished. Is there anyone else out there that does the LED conversion and new faces?

·
You're a daisy if you do
81 Posts
I don't know anyone else that does the LED upgrade with the new faces. You'd be really surprised by how quickly and efficiently Stu turns these things around. 2-day USPS shipping from east coast to west coast ($1K insurance comes standard I believe), then no more than a week to do the work (he got mine 9/18 and shipped them back 9/25), and another 2-day shipping back.

·
Administrator
8,398 Posts
OK... so I ripped apart my dash the other day and pulled out my gauge cluster and HVAC controls. I PMed Stu to see where to ship them off to but apparently he is in Singapore for a month. He said to contact him again in mid March. I imagine with packing and shipping time both ways plus the actual labor time, I'm going to be well into April before I get these back into my car. I'm trying to avoid re-installing these and putting my dash back together, then ripping it apart again to send them out. Then reassembling again when they are finished. Is there anyone else out there that does the LED conversion and new faces?
The gauge cluster takes literally 5 minutes to uninstall. ..why is it so difficult?

141 - 160 of 209 Posts