1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
nice :) what bov is that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
nice car i was wondering where you get full boost. i want to build a autox car and i dont need lot of power right around 500ish. thanks i like the wheels too

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Wow, you seriously need to research. But a little heads up, get a GT-30R. Very small, but the Amuse Supra had extremely good response with it.

nice car i was wondering where you get full boost. i want to build a autox car and i dont need lot of power right around 500ish. thanks i like the wheels too

·
Registered
178 Posts
nice vid, would like to see more....I am planning on going with a 67 of some kind and would like to see lots of footage and races.

·
Registered
154 Posts
sounds great! Love the wheels...a really great looking car.

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Dude, my old MKIII sounded like that. What exhaust do you have? Sounds sweet. I had a 3.5" GT-SPEC catback. I like the wheels, too. :bigthumb:

Kinda off-topic: About the compressor surge, my Celica has always done that. When I close the throttle, I can feel a lot of air coming out of the Blitz DD BOV, but it doesn't sound at all. The sound comes from the compressor. But air doesn't come out of it, it just sucks harder when I let go the thottle.

http://media.putfile.com/Celica-Boosting-HKS-Super-Mega-Flow-Intake
Can anybody explain?

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
It's opening, man. I've adjusted it already. It releases a lot of air. I feel it with my hand. When I put my hand on the compressor inlet, and let the throttle go, it'll suck harder for that moment. I don't feel ANY air coming out. I put a piece of paper on it with a screen and the paper got sucked harder once I let off the throttle. I don't get it. Why does it make a purging sound if it's sucking air and not letting it out? If it was the bad surge, don't you think that the turbo would've been dead by now? 4 years at 15 PSI should be plenty of punishment for a compressor surging. It should be broken by now...hell...long time ago. I don't understand.

·
I keep gettin' rick rolld
216 Posts
Wow nice car! Are those 19s?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the late reply's guys, just been caught up with Uni work,

The wheels are Raching Hart cr's in custom offsets and yup they're 19's,
Bov is Sard R2D2, Exhaust is the Tanabe RM, the turbo is a T67 with an A/R of 0.68. This combination of turbo size and A/R size is perfect for the 6 Speed, lag is minimal, it spools noticeably quicker than TTC. All I need now are cams:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts