Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thomas, here are a couple of pics of the my car after I got everything thrown together in time for NOPI. I think the black vinyl looks good and turned out great. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
very nice can you still use a spare in the trunk !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spare tire unfortunately has been lost but it is well worth it. It would be impossible to get the airspace needed for those speakers with it in there.

T

·
0 Posts
Looks sweet dude. The only thing I woould change is, I would have flush mounted the subs. But look's good just like that. Do you compete in stereo competitions? What kind of JL's are those? And if you have competed what kind of SPL are you pushing? Nice setup man!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to do the IASCA and USAC shows, went to finals years back but got tired of all the politics and the crap that went along with that and got into the performance aspect of things... I still love a nice clean install and good sounding stereo, but got tired of conforming and comprimising a lot of things that I wanted just to meet some rules... I keep my powerwire unwireloomed now just to spite the old IASCA and USAC rules ;)

As far as the subs go, they are JL10W0's and sound great on the 600.5 RF amp. I bought the enclosure from Thomas who was pushing crazy power to 10W6's and hitting rediculioius DB levels with the box... cant think of the exact number he told me off hand but for me the W0's are fine... Right now my amp gain is almost all the way down so I can always crank it up a bit if I need some more DB.

·
651 Posts
Kevin,

Well, I am glad to see that everything turned out OK.. The box looks good and I would have to say that I am sorry to see it go. At least I know that someone is taking care of it and appreciates the workmanship that was done.

As far as the comment on the "flush mounting" the subs... I agree that it was the one downside to the box.

Unless someone built the box themselves, it could not have been duplicated for the price I sold it to Kevin.

Thanks for the post Kevin, need anything else lemme know!!

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
love the look but i would never do it why ..did something similar in ny stealth rt turbo and one day got stuck on the highway for hours why no spare !too add my car is lowered!

again nice look!
would love it even more if the spare was still there!

T

·
0 Posts
RanGer498 said:
love the look but i would never do it why ..did something similar in ny stealth rt turbo and one day got stuck on the highway for hours why no spare !too add my car is lowered!

again nice look!
would love it even more if the spare was still there!
Same thing happened to me. So rule of thumb whne you have a BIG system and no spare...

Bottle of fix a flat in the car at all times. And try and keep good tires on it.

·
651 Posts
I bought the enclosure from Thomas who was pushing crazy power to 10W6's and hitting rediculioius DB levels with the box... cant think of the exact number he told me off hand but for me the W0's are fine...
Just an addition..

I was running the JL 10W3D6's and usually ran a Rockford Power 1000 to the 3 subs.

I hit a 144.5 db off the glass without tuning. ( I was running an DB Drag event and metered it just for kicks!)

I new it was loud but never that high....

Anyway Kevin, I will miss the box... Enjoy it and I'll call you when (if ever) I sell the box I am building for the JL W7's

Those will hit harder than my previous box...... scary

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

B

·
0 Posts
Hey, Kevin

Man, I wish I had a custom sub box like that in my Supra! Saw the car in person at the NOPI National this year. Very clean setup!

David B
94TT 6-spd

·
651 Posts
Thanks for the comments!! I must add that I did not build the box for Kevin's car. It was built by one of my tech's... Charles Stone. He is the man!!

He is my "go-to" guy for Supra related stuff. Most of the car's you see on our webpage were done by him. (He's had quite a bit of practice on Supras!!)

If you ever need anything done for any type of car, he is a perfectionist.

Check a few out.. if you have the time

http://www.customsounds.com/featured_systems.html

·
I own a Lexus
952 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
Thanks for the comments!! I must add that I did not build the box for Kevin's car. It was built by one of my tech's... Charles Stone. He is the man!!
He is my "go-to" guy for Supra related stuff. Most of the car's you see on our webpage were done by him. (He's had quite a bit of practice on Supras!!)
If you ever need anything done for any type of car, he is a perfectionist.
Check a few out.. if you have the time
http://www.customsounds.com/featured_systems.html

How much does the average Charles Stone system go for?? A box for one sub and an amp?? Or is he more in to big systems??

·
Registered
1 Posts
V10EATR -- you have a very nice car and setup. I was actually riding behind you on the way to the show on sunday. I was in my 4Runner though so you might not remember me. But i was behind you from the railroad tracks....I was very impressed with the how your exhaust sounds when the car is going. Well i just thought that was kinda neat. I really like your car though, i recently purchased a 1997 stock TT supra. Having in re-painted now. Can't wait to put some nice mods on it :). Well nice car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts