Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just wanted to share my little story with every on what has all happened with me and my supra...Well i wanted the car since i was 15 i am 18 now my nabor had one and she threw a rod bearing car sat there for 2 years i bought it off her for 800 bought a jdm(was crap) sent it back (had to fight for money) so a friend told me he knew a toyota mechanic so i took it to him told him what all i wanted done(MHG and bolts) he said sure no prob give him 2 weeks....well 5 months later i got my car without the MHG and bolts and still paid 3000 well i drove the car for a week was trying to get it all ready to get inspected and breaking in the engine well i took a trip outa town for the last few miles out town car hadnt given me any trouble and i got pullled over for doing 70 in a 65(night) and it was smoking i got no inspection and faulty exhaust ticket 1 looked under the car and tranny fuild was all over the ground i took off not even a minute later tranny sliped and died i hadnt felt it slip once before but now my supra is dead again and i am going have to work my ass off harder to get it running...again....for a car i have only driven a week...and loved...:(

P

·
0 Posts
Suckage bro i feel for yeah! All in good time, like they say time heals everything!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Heh, you think that sucks. Paid for a full rebuild. Didnt even get to sit in the car, and it threw a rod bearing, again. So thanks to a shitty machine shop not properly specing my crank, I was forced to rebuild the bottom end again.

But dont worry itll get better as you go. Just keep working hard, and make sure you can cover all the money the car will suck out of you. Good luck

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
yea.. try to find the best shop out there. Someone w/ knowledge w/ these 7m's. Like i read the whole thing about the ct-26 60-1(technical) to find where is the best place to take it. So i took my turbo to pt, and they did a great job and finish real quick, plus it only cost me $450 because i am a local B).

Sorry to hear that bro, many other people would of just giving up if it had happen to them.

-tony v

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
funny how these cars will sucker punch you in the solor plexus, and we smile and come back for more, hit me again please

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh so true i love that car more than anyone in my life and i have only driven it for a blissful week

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
stay strong, it'll be worth it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts