Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Well Balanced
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went downtown for dinner tonight and since it was such a clear, beautiful night, I brought the digital camera with me.

I know these pictures could've been much better and if any photoshop experts wanna "clean up" these pics, let me know and I'll send you some hi-res pictures. Yes, I know I need a tripod and yes the car needs to be lowered.
Here's what I've got......







Same day but taken earlier...



 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
Paul, the night shots are out of focus (as if you needed me to tell you that.) Next time, use the self timer function, and set the camera on something, either like a book bag or whatever. The shake from your hand depressing the shutter is making it all shakey. We'll get together this summer. Engine bay looks clean. When I first picked mine up, the engine bay was dirt heaven. I got it as clean as yours after the first week. Then I just stopped giving a damn. :) HOF looks nice though. There are not many scenic places like that down here in Columbus.
 

·
Well Balanced
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hua said:
Paul, the night shots are out of focus (as if you needed me to tell you that.) Next time, use the self timer function, and set the camera on something, either like a book bag or whatever. The shake from your hand depressing the shutter is making it all shakey. We'll get together this summer. Engine bay looks clean. When I first picked mine up, the engine bay was dirt heaven. I got it as clean as yours after the first week. Then I just stopped giving a damn. :) HOF looks nice though. There are not many scenic places like that down here in Columbus.
Ya, when I looked at the pictures on the camera screen, it looked awesome. Once I got them on my computer, I was dissappointed :( I have a tripod but it's one of those little cheap ones that sit only about 6 inches high (came with the camera). It's better than nothing though and I think I'm gonna go back to the same spot tomorrow. I just hope the weather is as clear. I'll also try to go earlier in the day too but it's hard because there are tourists everywhere and hard to get a clean shot.
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
The 6" high one will work perfectly. The Supra's best angles are caught from down low. I like to go as low as 2" from the ground.

BTW, if you can, bring a friend in another car. Have him/her shine their headlghts on your car. As you can see, your background is overexposed, whereas your foreground is under exposed. This will bring out more detail of the car. I'd rather use strategically placed spotlights, but the car headlights should work if that is all that you can do. And turn your damn radio off, your car looks like an R/C car with that antenna up. ;)
 

·
Ex Supra Owner
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Hey man, hows it going?????????? long time no talk, btw when the hell are you moving out to cali? car looks real clean man i could eat off of tat engine bay!
 

·
Well Balanced
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MKIVdan said:
Hey man, hows it going?????????? long time no talk, btw when the hell are you moving out to cali? car looks real clean man i could eat off of tat engine bay!
Yo Dan! My old job promised a transfer but then they changed their mind about opening up their new location in Irvine so for now, I'm stuck in Ohio. I still think about going back to Cali everyday so help me find a job :D
Did you ever sell your car? PM me.
 

·
mahkittahluvsme
Joined
·
544 Posts
Hua said:
The 6" high one will work perfectly. The Supra's best angles are caught from down low. I like to go as low as 2" from the ground.

BTW, if you can, bring a friend in another car. Have him/her shine their headlghts on your car. As you can see, your background is overexposed, whereas your foreground is under exposed. This will bring out more detail of the car. I'd rather use strategically placed spotlights, but the car headlights should work if that is all that you can do. And turn your damn radio off, your car looks like an R/C car with that antenna up. ;)

Gotta go with Hua on that...car looks good but that's a photographer's head speaking to ya and he's right. Tripod or anything else to stabilize the cam for night shots and yeah, put the antenna down and get your warning light turned off.

That engine bay looks great though . Maybe if we have some kinda meet here in Columbus or even up there I can bring my gear and get some better shots for you. But yeah, that was a good location and very nice looking Supie.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
977 Posts
Hua said:
BTW, if you can, bring a friend in another car. Have him/her shine their headlghts on your car. As you can see, your background is overexposed, whereas your foreground is under exposed. This will bring out more detail of the car. I'd rather use strategically placed spotlights, but the car headlights should work if that is all that you can do.

Paul if you want help I can bring my DD up and give you some lighting. Not doing anything tonight... Let me know if you need some light. :stickpoke

As always nice looking car man.. especially after the buff job!
-Skilor
 

·
Single Turbo
Joined
·
711 Posts
Same thing Hua said. Looks good though. Would make a great wallpaper shot.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top