Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought myself an 89' Supra N/A that had sat for 14 years in a drive shed without moving. Miraculously it started up without even needing a boost.

As my build comes together slowly (thanks to tons of information I've found here and on Supramania). I'm finally at the point where I need to decide what turbo and manifold I should buy. Here's what I'm looking at right now:

Turbo: Custom Turbonetics 6962 T Series T4

Manifold:

CX Racing Manifold or Ebay Top Mount Manifold or Driftmotion Manifold

(I would prefer to go top mount depending on fitment)

Any suggestions would be great.

Additional question, what size wastegate would you guys recommend for a setup like that?

·
Registered
753 Posts
CX Racing Manifold or Ebay Top Mount Manifold or Driftmotion Manifold

(I would prefer to go top mount depending on fitment)
Pretty much all manifolds for a 7M are going to be top mount unless you start getting into very custom stuff. Of the 3 manifolds you listed the first 2 are made by the same people with just a different surface finish and while I can't confirm this on the Driftmotion manifold I'd bet it's the same one. Unless you're willing to drop $1k+ on a built to order manifold that's pretty much what you are stuck with, so pick whichever one you prefer.

Additional question, what size wastegate would you guys recommend for a setup like that?
I'd have the HKS style flange cut off and have a Tial v-band flange welded on. The Tial 44mm v-band flange will fit either the Tial 44mm wastegate or the Turbosmart 45mm wastegate. Pretty sure the Precision Turbo 46mm wastegate will fit too but can't confirm on that one. Stay away from the chinese knock off wastegates as they're more hassle to get working right then they are worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts