Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going around 45 when all of the sudden I see a huge black truck in my rear view mirror. It of course hits me going around 55-60mph and almost made my car spin out. I got to the side of the road safely as the car died and coasted to a stop. The truck pulls up next to me and looks at me and then starts driving away, but pulls over about 50-80ft infront of me. The driver and a friend get out and plead with me not to call the police and for the next 20 minutes or more they continued to plead.
The State Trooper shows up and gets both our stories, and then goes and checks the marks in the road. The driver of the Chevy truck told the cops they were both eating and looked down and when they looked up I had slammed on my brakes. He knew they were lying and bumped their 2pt ticket up a 4pt ticket for free.
In the end my car totally owned the front of their Chevy Silverado. The bumper etc. had been smooshed in. My car cosmetically suffered some marks and my exhaust was bent. Unfortunately, my car now pulls to the right and things jingle and rattle when hitting bumps. I for one am lucky I was in the Supra, because although I am still in some pain it could have been a whole lot worse.

This isn't the truck that hit me, but it's the same model. I'm in my GF's MKIII so you can see how large the truck is compared to a Supra.

cliffs: the Supra is a TANK

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Yeah for sure man. It doesn't even look liek you got hit really, just sorta looks like the car's showing more age than it has to.
eric

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
now show pictures of the other car! haha

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
wow doesnt look like anything happened to the supra :) glad you are ok though

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't have my camera with me, I almost took it with me yesterday too. Just imagine the front bumper on one of these smashed in.

They kept stressing my car was okay and it F-ed their truck up, and that I shouldn't call the cops. The trooper said he had never seen a car win in a car vs truck collision :rofl: . Their is obviously something wrong with my car that can't be seen, and of course their insurance is going to pay for my medical bills :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
sorry to hear hope ur ok. too bad u didnt get pictures of the chevy "built like a rock" truck

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
yeah, look at that bottom piece on the bumper, it's warped all to hell, I bet the pumper support is totally screwed...

sounds like it might be potentially fatal to the Supra since it's pulling to one side, if the mounting points for the subframe are screwed up, it's time to find a shell...

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Off topic, but I wish I had a GF w/ a Supra! :)

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words. Their insurance isn't open until Monday so I'm hoping to try and get it settled next week. My car better be 100% the way it was before getting smashed into.

SupraOfDoom said:
Off topic, but I wish I had a GF w/ a Supra! :)
She owns me at life because she has a MKIII and this widebody MKIV :doh:

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
NeatOman said:
You wish you had a girlfirend!! :crossjerk HA HA HA
My girlfriend is sitting in my garage.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Looks like you lucked out. Aside from a little scuffing on the bumper what does the underneath look like???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts