Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Well, I'm not sure who all saw that I was selling my car. Well, I "sold" the car for $23,000. It turns out that the guy forged the check. So... He drove off with my car, and I was left with a worthless piece of paper. (I didn't know the check was worthless until about a week later). I am asking for your help. The car was a 1997 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary RSP 5-speed. It has a minor scratch along the drivers-side rear fenderwell. It has stock rims on it with Khumo ECSTA tires. I sold the car to the guy in Asheville. The name he gave me was Rodrick (or Rod) Olds. Black male about 6'5" and close to 230 lbs. He looks young for his age (he has what I would call a baby face). He is in his mid to upper 20's. He said he was driving back to Chicago. The liscence plate on the car was South Carolina 675 SAY. I need your help in finding my car so I can get it back! Thanks everyone.

Phillip

I am posting this in all of the regional sections. I'm just trying to get the word out! Don't get mad at me!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thats fucking terrible, you should have went to the bank with him and made sure the check cleared. Good luck finding him.
-Daniel

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
damn bro i shure hope you find your car..... it isnt much but if i see a supe that you described ill call the cops man!

hope you find the fucker and castrate his fucking liyng fat baby face ass. I hate people who do shit like that. Hope they all fucking die !

·
Registered
136 Posts
on another note, did you still have car insurance on the vehicle at the time, full coverage? I think they would be required to cover this if you did, you might want to look into that.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
this same thing happen to my friend here in ny...but he found the car 2 months later.....hope alll goes well with man.......

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
I'll do everything in my power to help you get the car back!

Call the police and investigators, etc. IMMEDIATELY before it becomes too late to locate the car!

I'm really sorry this happend to you, I hope you get it back!!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I had full coverage on the car. Insurance is doing what they can. I am going to talk to the police on monday (I am currently out of town). Thanks for all of your support guys.

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
It's probably geting chopped as we speak :(, be on a look out for stuff in Ebay.

·
Registered
136 Posts
harteyboysupra said:
Yeah I had full coverage on the car. Insurance is doing what they can.
insurance should cover the value of the vehicle like if it had been stolen in any normal way. If they refuse to pay contact your attorney and get him to write up a nice letter on his letterhead and fax it to them... granted its not the car back but still at least you're only out your deductible and stuff.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
That really sucks, whats worse is the book value insurance companies go by is so much lower than market value.

·
Registered
136 Posts
if its too low get in touch with your attorney, get your exact policy stuff too because there may be a way that you're protected because of his bad check... I'd honestly say get an attorney involved just to make sure you're not being whored by insurance too.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
id say go buy your self a 12 gauge shot gun and start looking for the bastards but a laywer is a nice idea. But i doubt that the inshuracen will want to give the money for it. No offence but you basically handed the car to him. and the forged check well thats just your mistake for not looking thats what they will say! But with a good lawyer im shure he can get you something !

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
Thats some rotten shit there! :mad:
Three words to those old enough to have it, TRUE VALUE INSURANCE.

Just from reading this he sounds local or he wouldn't have mentioned Chicago. He said that to make you look where you ordinarily wouldn't. Whose plates were on the car yours or his.

Good luck

·
11,221 Posts
I mean you have the description and the vin and paper works for the car. At least give the popo that so you're car isn't being registered and being used as a car or something. If it's being chopped then nothing can be done much. But why chop an NA, perhaps for body parts.

Anyways, I guess that was a BIG mistake. I would have went to the bank with the guy present with his ID to make sure that check cleared. That's how I bought my car.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, but what makes you think the insurance company is responsible for paying for it? Why should they be liable for you essentialy giving your car away.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts