Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
harteyboysupra said:
Yeah I had full coverage on the car. Insurance is doing what they can.
insurance should cover the value of the vehicle like if it had been stolen in any normal way. If they refuse to pay contact your attorney and get him to write up a nice letter on his letterhead and fax it to them... granted its not the car back but still at least you're only out your deductible and stuff.

· Registered
256 Posts
if its too low get in touch with your attorney, get your exact policy stuff too because there may be a way that you're protected because of his bad check... I'd honestly say get an attorney involved just to make sure you're not being whored by insurance too.

· Registered
256 Posts
because the vehicle wasn't given away. it was insured at the time and was illegally taken. If I let somebody use my car to go to a grocery store and they never come back its still a stolen car even if I give them the keys...
I say get a lawyer involved because if you've ever actually read a policy its confusing as hell (I mean the like 30 page book new insurance comes with). there may be a clause in there protecting the insurance from this. there is no reason for insurance to be able to get out of this by saying he should have used a better check..

· Registered
256 Posts
personally even if I got the money back I'd still want to try to get the guy in any way I could... I was just saying get the lawyer to make sure that insurance isn't trying to give him too little money or anything like that. When I was in my accident my lawyer got me about 6k more because insurance didn't want to cover mods. It's always good to get an attorney involved in something like this.

· Registered
256 Posts
I say make an account, bid on it yourself, and fuck rolling down there with cops, roll down there with like 5 or 6 bigger guys and bats and shotguns. you're already getting paid for the car. now what you do is get the car back and part it out....

· Registered
256 Posts
forgot the second part, and then give it parted out to insurance and be like this is what the difference between what you gave me and its worth. like sell 4k worth of parts if the car is worth 4k and they only tried to give you 16k..

· Registered
256 Posts
violence may get you sued but only if you get caught... and you never actually personally hit the guy then you say "I just happened to be there picking up my car and he got jumped. its not my fault these peopel followed me down there" sue this bitch.

yeah I did liscenced car sales as well and I think a few times I had guys that planned on stealing the car come up there, had a couple sour looking faces test drive a couple times, guess they didn't expect a linebacker as their salesman....

· Registered
256 Posts
if I happen to be in asheville visiting family when/if you do this I'm more than happy to go and back you up. I'll even stand off to the corner so when he answers the door I can snap a pic of his face... sure my brother in law will help too. me: 5'11" 195-205lbs about 4% body fat... brother in law: 6'2" 235lbs, airborne army ranger, just got out a year ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.