Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
because the vehicle wasn't given away. it was insured at the time and was illegally taken. If I let somebody use my car to go to a grocery store and they never come back its still a stolen car even if I give them the keys...
I say get a lawyer involved because if you've ever actually read a policy its confusing as hell (I mean the like 30 page book new insurance comes with). there may be a clause in there protecting the insurance from this. there is no reason for insurance to be able to get out of this by saying he should have used a better check..

12,697 Posts
notlownf said:
Sorry to hear about your loss, but what makes you think the insurance company is responsible for paying for it? Why should they be liable for you essentialy giving your car away.
I guess he can file it under "stolen" since it technically is (even though it was willingly) and it was covered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
alright guys... i made a mistake... im human for christ sake!! i took a check and trusted the guy... im sorry for ever trusting anyone! i will never trust anyone after this again...

insurance is treating it as a stolen vehicle... as if someone came to my house and broke into my car and drove off...

yes i have pictures of the car... if you would like to see them send me an email at [email protected]

i have a copy of the check, so does the bank... we are going to go after this guy

· two wheels is all i need
1,374 Posts
has anyone else had this happen to them around that area maybe its the same guy and maybe youd be able to help this dude out.

but like youve already heard a million times ... just get a lawyer pay him that couple hundred $ get this thing over with get your money back heck you dont want the car back cause you were selling it anyways so you'll be all set ! and like booster1 said before id be on the look out for some of the parts on ebay !

· Registered
256 Posts
personally even if I got the money back I'd still want to try to get the guy in any way I could... I was just saying get the lawyer to make sure that insurance isn't trying to give him too little money or anything like that. When I was in my accident my lawyer got me about 6k more because insurance didn't want to cover mods. It's always good to get an attorney involved in something like this.

1,374 Posts
Im not saying once you get some money to give up looking for the guy... heck i still say find him even if you find him like 20 yrs later whoooP the SHIT outta him ! than run him over ! .. . afterwards call the cops saying that you just witnessed a hit and run... and hang up call from a public phone... and dont leave fingerprints, also if possible use voice discuise...
lol :p ooooh im BAD ! :D

1,374 Posts
well you gota show SOME mercy ... besides he's already dead ;)

· Registered
282 Posts
From that description you gave of him it kinda reminds me of the guy that stole my one car in pittsburgh Pa. Cant remember his name though it was a while back. The guy ended up getting away with it too even after they found the car in his garage stripped down to nothing. His dad called the cops on him and when the cops showed up he said he didnt know how the car got there and since no one saw him with the car no case. But damn that description so reminds me of this guy when we went to the first hearing he had a skinny black kid with him about 6' tall. which the guy that had the car and the way it was broken into theres no way he couldve fit in the thing. I can still see his face and the avirex or whatever that clothing company is jacket he was wearing. Sort of reminded me a bigger mase (rapper) with his baby face. Anyway good luck hope you catch the bitch and get someting out of it

· Registered
268 Posts
Damn...I was shocked to read this thread. That was a nice looking sup. Either way, how you look at it. The car is either sold or choped to pieces. But I would think the car is sold to someone in the U.S. Just be on the look out for some newbie with RSP color. He's just looking to make some fast cash.

To help you out a little bit more...

*Go do a search on Ebay at the automotive section for completed items were you advertised your car. Your car and another car should come up completed. Its the same exact car with the same VIN. I did this search already for you and the guy(if i remember correctly put down Tennessee where the car was located.) The guy that stole your car has to register with a credit card on ebay to list the car. If you can convice the police to get Ebay to release his address then you will find him.

Hope this info helps and good luck finding that basterd.

· Registered
268 Posts
Better yet here's the info. for you.

*Item number: 4542355937
*Ebay ID: lellows5
*Item location: Knoxville TN

Here's his description:

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6447&item=4542355937&rd=1
Vehicle Description

Hello you are looking at my 1997 Limited edition Toyota Supra. This is one of the rarest Supras you will find. The car has not been "tricked out" or anything it is all stock. It has never been raced or ragged out. All power options work and there are no warning lights. There are almost 68,000 original miles. I have all records for all work done, oil changes, tire rotation, fluid changes ect. No major work has been performed. The car is a non-turbo model but does have the targa top. We did add an aftermarket cd player and air filter. New tires were just put on less than 5,000 miles ago. This car will bring someone years of enjoyment. KBB is $16,000 for suggested private party sell but I am taking any other reasonable offers. If you have anymore questions or offers please email me at [email protected] I reserve the right to end the auction early.I WILL NOT SHIP THE CAR, LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY TYPE OF CASHIER CHECKS EITHER CASH ONLY. I HAVE THE TITLE IN HAND SO IT WILL BE A FAST TRANSACTION.

1,374 Posts
HOLY shit this guy is a total dumb fuck !!! hahah he couldnt wait till like a month afterwards :D he pretty much screwed him self over and handed him self to you on a silver platter :)

hey hey listen i say you make an Ebay account... buy the car hehe get some cops to roll with you and go pik it up :) and than be like WHAT ASSHOLE YOU TAUGHT I WOULDNT FIND YOU !?

hey nice work dude you prolly just made this dude the happiest man on earth =p ... beautiful car though, shame your sellin it.

· Registered
248 Posts
SupraTTurbo2JZ said:
HOLY shit this guy is a total dumb fuck !!! hahah he couldnt wait till like a month afterwards :D he pretty much screwed him self over and handed him self to you on a silver platter :)
Not in the least. I assure you, the correct name/address aren't going to be used. It's not that hard to spoof details on a vehicle sale. The "Cash Only" being a major indicator of issues. (Unless, as said, total dumb f*ck...)

The type of check (Bank/Cashiers) doesn't matter, as lately, the local banks here will hold them for 3-5 business days to release funds. IE - Broker deals I've done are very descript: "You're more than welcome to pay by check, however, the vehicle will not be leaving until I have verified funds in my account - No Exceptions"

Sorry to hear you opened yourself up to it, and best of luck fighting the machine with the insurance company.

Worst case scenario, you've taken away something valuable, and others have learned.

Best of luck,

~Nick

1,374 Posts
"Standard Equipment:
CASSETTE "

hahah what a fucking dush bag this dude doesent even know how to tell a CD player from a Casset player... haha he prolly still dont know wtf an A track is... ehh shit i dont -_-

"I WILL NOT SHIP THE CAR, LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. " his ultimate downfall !!! haha loser

I do realize that he didnt use real adress .... shit i im shure that he's no stupid if he was able to get so far. but he DID say pick up only ! sooo that means their going to have to meet...!!!!

But its not over till its over go get him hartey !

- Alex

21 - 40 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.