Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
SupraTTurbo2JZ said:
HOLY shit this guy is a total dumb fuck !!! hahah he couldnt wait till like a month afterwards :D he pretty much screwed him self over and handed him self to you on a silver platter :)

hey hey listen i say you make an Ebay account... buy the car hehe get some cops to roll with you and go pik it up :) and than be like WHAT ASSHOLE YOU TAUGHT I WOULDNT FIND YOU !?

hey nice work dude you prolly just made this dude the happiest man on earth =p ... beautiful car though, shame your sellin it.

A month is to short of a time to sell the car. He's not going to get away with it that easily. With a rare color like RSP was only made in 97-98. I'm sure supra fanatics that browse this forum will say something if they saw any sup past them on the street. If it was white, black, red or silver I can guarantee he will get away with. He picked the wrong car to steal and will most likely get pinched in the long run. All most anyone on this forum will remember any little detail about someones car.

· Registered
268 Posts
cybercyde said:
Not in the least. I assure you, the correct name/address aren't going to be used. It's not that hard to spoof details on a vehicle sale. The "Cash Only" being a major indicator of issues. (Unless, as said, total dumb f*ck...)

Registering on ebay, you have to have a credit card down to sell anything in general. A valid address has to match the credit card and Ebay checks out the credit card first before he will be able to list the item. If credit card was stolen and he used it. The owner would know about it when he/she sees the cc statement.

· Registered
268 Posts
To those who are buying and selling cars. There's a fast and slow way of selling or buying a car.

Fast Way

* Check or cashiers check
* Keys to the car.
* Bye Bye

Slow Way

*A written contract
*Going to a bank to have the contract certified & other details(just incase if anything happens)
*Go to your bank and have the buyer wire you the money in front of you(Bank Fees of course but worth it to cover your ass)
*Less headaches at the end.

· two wheels is all i need
1,374 Posts
the credit card is true ... but what if your always traveling..? or live in a hotel i dont know there are ways to fool the system im shure of it... ppl have exploited it in the past. perhaps he gave the fake address to the creditcard.. who knows but the important thing is at least now hartey has a lead... he knows where to look and may find this bastard and bring him down !

· Registered
268 Posts
He won't have a regular address, so he'll have a:

*P.O. Box address

*If anyone can recognize the background of the pics the theif posted on ebay then that will narrow it down to the town and state. Its a start at least.

Good luck...If theres anything else I can think of, I'll post.

· Registered
268 Posts
Another Idea would be...look at the milage of the pic he took and subtract it from the original milage when you still had the car. That would narrow it down of how far he drove. Just an idea!!!

He's also wearing a red shirt while he took the pic of the Limitied edition badge.

· Registered
256 Posts
I say make an account, bid on it yourself, and fuck rolling down there with cops, roll down there with like 5 or 6 bigger guys and bats and shotguns. you're already getting paid for the car. now what you do is get the car back and part it out....

· Registered
256 Posts
forgot the second part, and then give it parted out to insurance and be like this is what the difference between what you gave me and its worth. like sell 4k worth of parts if the car is worth 4k and they only tried to give you 16k..

1,374 Posts
hehe yeah but this is one story that has a happy ending ;) lets hope

· Registered
268 Posts
My guess is that he is from Tennessee, North Carolina, or South Carolina. Judging by the miles in your Ebay auction and the theifs auction. He drove about 70 to 100 miles or maybe even a little bit more to get back home. I don't know how far the state line is in south carolina from where you live, but hopefully you can figure that out. Now all you need is to get the police to make some phone call to those states, so the police can keep an out out for a RSP sup.

Also, check your caller ID for his phone #...you find that then your search would be less complicated. Therefore you can get the police to find out where he's located.

· Registered
248 Posts
MkIV13 said:
Registering on ebay, you have to have a credit card down to sell anything in general. A valid address has to match the credit card and Ebay checks out the credit card first before he will be able to list the item. If credit card was stolen and he used it. The owner would know about it when he/she sees the cc statement.
I agree entirely. The issue is the amazing amount of Credit Card theft/fraud present on EBay. I wish it were impossible to screw the system, but it's still less difficult than jimmying a car door open. :(

I've spent a good amount of time in car sales (licensed), and it's amazing just how much you have to look out for to truly cover your tail. The above posts are Very amusing though...

The idea of arranging a cash sale w/ someone else as the primary contact would be an excellent way to get ahold of the car. Take the VIN # And insurance cards you used to have to a Toyota dealership, have a key cut. You could go so far as to inform the local police that it's a repossesion on a negated finance contract for a free pass to remove the car from his possession unwillingly. If you were to bring the insurance/bad check/contract/bill of sale documents with you, even if you were stopped/arrested, you'd still come out clear.

Have him stop for lunch while test driving the car, tail them/ sit waiting at the location, hop in, and drive off. Have your friend hit the bathroom, and walk out the back to take the car you were driving with a spare key. Free and clear, you now have your car back.

Violence isn't going to be the answer on this one, as the theif will undoubtedly wind up owning the car legally after the lawsuit. Just get in, get out, no issues.

~Nick

Edit - I realize the desire to hurt him is very very large, but how much greater would it be to pull off the above, and see the look on his face as you drove off ;) I'm certain you can prove ownership - Hell, I'd almost be willing to assist you just to spite the crooked buyer. I'm sure you can find a great person in his area that'd love to help out. Best of luck again.

· Registered
256 Posts
violence may get you sued but only if you get caught... and you never actually personally hit the guy then you say "I just happened to be there picking up my car and he got jumped. its not my fault these peopel followed me down there" sue this bitch.

yeah I did liscenced car sales as well and I think a few times I had guys that planned on stealing the car come up there, had a couple sour looking faces test drive a couple times, guess they didn't expect a linebacker as their salesman....

1,374 Posts
linebacker as their salesman HAHA thats something :)

violence isnt the solution, yes and i DO like the idea that you propesed hehe if i was in the area id help out anyway i could cause id CERTNLEY would want to see the look on the guys face when you drive on in your car :-D !!! ! do me a favor if you do that take a picture :-D but just in case have someone to back you in just incase he does jump you, you'll have
someone to back you up.

"Its not illegal if you dont get caught" :) soooo you can beat the shit out of him all you want as long as you dont get busted!

· Registered
256 Posts
if I happen to be in asheville visiting family when/if you do this I'm more than happy to go and back you up. I'll even stand off to the corner so when he answers the door I can snap a pic of his face... sure my brother in law will help too. me: 5'11" 195-205lbs about 4% body fat... brother in law: 6'2" 235lbs, airborne army ranger, just got out a year ago.

· Banned
425 Posts
cybercyde said:
You could go so far as to inform the local police that it's a repossesion on a negated finance contract for a free pass to remove the car from his possession unwillingly. If you were to bring the insurance/bad check/contract/bill of sale documents with you, even if you were stopped/arrested, you'd still come out clear.
best way in my opinion.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.