Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Urgent! My Supra idle like shit!

I got my car installed Rapid Fire spark plugs at Tuned Performance here in Atlanta, I drove the car home without a problem. Later when I installed the Turbo Timer, disconnected battery, I noticed my car idle like shit. A lot of shaking... It's almost like the engene is about to give up or blow up. What could be wrong? I am very afraid to drive it now. Please give me some advices... Let me know if you need more information.

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, it might sounds stupid, but I am not familiar with the spark plugs. Do I need a torque wrench or something to take off the valve cover?

BTW Allen, does Phil running 800HP? Saw Larry running 514 HP/504 Torque , very amazing...

Z

·
0 Posts
when you disconnect the battery you reset the ECU and the car will idle like shit for a while before it re-learns the car.
if ECU reset is not the issue, thancheck plugs or coilpacks connection. turbo timer should have nothing to do with idle.

Jonas

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I went out for a test drive. It seems okay now. But I'll take it back to Tuned Performance tomorrow morning to have it looked over. Thanks for all the helps.

·
3,463 Posts
Phil made 68x.x rwhp and Larry made 48x.x rwhp. Larry was on low boost, should be making alot more power. When will you be at Tuned? I am prolly gunna head up there tomorrow to hang out a lil. Hope to see you there

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be there first thing in the morning. Since yesterday (9/5)was Larry's birthday, he did a lot of dyno runs running the whole afternoon :) The best he got yesterday was 514rwhp running 23.x psi boost. John told me Phil runs 800rwhp, he was there today too but didn't see him. Ivy was at Tuned today too celebrating Larry's B-day. We had a pretty good time. Hope to see you at Tuned.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
chnco said:
Phil made 68x.x rwhp ...
FYI/NB: 683.1rwhp (713 uncorrected) was with my old clutch, which slipped on that dyno run...I am certain that 700rwhp is a conservative estimate now that I'm running an HKS Triple...

Current upgrades include:
- Widened rims & 255's front, 315's rear
- Move battery to rear
- Install ProRally intake manifold & 90mm tb
- Install PHR cams
- More dyno-tuning

Back on topic, we had a lot of fun getting Larry's car over 500rwhp - it made a great birthday present for him! With a larger a/r housing and a bit tighter wastegate adjustment, he'll be putting much more power in the future.

·
3,463 Posts
Phil-
That's awesome man. I didn't know you installed that new intake manifold, I've always wanted to see what a modified one looks like. I'm sure you will be running 800rwhp in no time. Are you going to be at the import meet Sunday? I'll be there, trying to run my car :) What's next? Gunna build the internals? Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Take it easy.

·
3,463 Posts
ATLSupra-
Saw your car today while they were workin on it. Looks great! The Turbo Timer and Boost controller came out nice. Take it easy.

Damn, I feel like slow with all these fast-ass supras around me now. Time to turn the boost up!!:D

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alllen, you went there today? Damn I missed you everytime. :D Is that why John didn't finish my Supra because he was too busy talking to you? j/k. Anyways, I am still probably the slowest Supra in town, since I am still on stock turbos and the car doesn't feel that strong. I'll test the car again after I got my baby back tomorrow (if they can finish it :) ). Allen, are you going to NOPI Nat? I hope Atlanta area Supra owners can gather together sometime to chat about the car we love. Hope to catch you sometime in the future at Tuned. I know I will be at there more often from now on, got a lot of stuff need to be fixed/upgraded. BTW, Phil, didn't meet you in person when you were at Tuned, saw your tight ride though, very nice... gotta love the 315 tires :eek: Hope to see you soon too.

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MystiqueSupra, thanks for the offer. My supra is running good now after driving it. I hope the rough idle is just because I reset the ECU. I will know for sure when next time I took out the battery :D

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
chnco said:
I didn't know you installed that new intake manifold...
...sorry, I should have said "current upgrades in progress". The intake manifold is being coated (should be ready today sometime)...next will be the cams...

Are you going to be at the import meet Sunday? What's next? Gunna build the internals?
Not sure on the meet. After I get the current stuff done, I'm going to try a bigger a/r on the turbo (if I can ever figure out what trim Fastrax put on my turbine wheel), and maybe a touch of nitrous to spool it up quicker. Although I don't have a timeframe for building the internals, I recently lucked into 5 forged pistons & connecting rods for a song...

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
AtlSupra said:
BTW, Phil, didn't meet you in person when you were at Tuned, saw your tight ride though, very nice... gotta love the 315 tires :eek: Hope to see you soon too.
Sorry we missed each other, and much thanks for the complements on how it looks...now if only I could keep it clean :(
Since you're also in Norcross, we should hook up sometime!

F

·
0 Posts
Keeping your car clean....

I am going to clean that thing myself!!

You won't recognize her when I'm done

1 - 20 of 22 Posts