Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short, i was in a rush and since my postive battery cable doesnt have a red mark on it to show its positive. I mistakenly put the postive on the negative and the negative on the postive . now the car wont even turn.

the problems : wont turn , gauge lights dead , radio dead , windows wont roll up or down , a/c dead .

what i know that is still only working : headlights ( low beam and high ) , interior lights , brake lights .

i was thinking of bringing it to the toyota dealership to see what the problem is, but as everyone knows, they'll probably charge a arm and leg. If anyone on the forums can help , please post or message me. Every suggestions will be appreciated. Oh yea, and when i try to roll the windows up or down , i can hear a clicking noise from under the glove compartment, dont know if it has anything to do with it or not.

thanks.

the car is a 94 tt ( auto )

·
Registered
589 Posts
Could of fried the ecu :run:

or just a cell in the battery, replace the battery first :dunno:

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, yeah i've tried a new battery but still same response. i was thinking of the ecu also..

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
this is going to sound stupid but did you check all the fuses? you didn't mention it.

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
yeap, try the easist crap first....

battery test....
check fuses....

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i think there is a 120A fuze under the hood, that what blew when i touched the positive lead for the alternator on the body...im sure thats what blew

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you guys for the posts. yeah my brother checked all the fused under the kick panel one by one and he said all seemed to be fine, we've checked the ones under the hood also and they seem to be fine, but we're not sure about the big ones, i'll go check on it now.

thanks much is appreciated.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Don't know if there is reverse polarity protection, but there is in most cars. Next step after fuses would be to swap an ECU.

·
Registered
322 Posts
id take it to a dealership and get them to do a simple test on the electrical system, to find the problem...its cheap

how-ever what you may have to fix, may not be. lol

I boosted mine when i took it out of storage over a year ago, and heard a massive POP.....everything was dead, nothing would work.....waited a while then hooked it back up and voila, has worked fine since.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
it will blow the first fuse in line which is the 120 amp fuse...it would never get to your ecu

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you very much guys, and yes the 120 amp fuse is blown. now the bad part is getting another fuse. i've checked : autozone, advance autoparts , napa , o' reillys , and finally the toyota dealership. Closest thing i've come to is buying a whole new fuse block ( the entire fuse box ) from the dealership. the price quoted from the dealership was $200 something. If anyone knows of anybody that might have a spare fuse i'll buy. i'm going to go post now on " parts " section. thanks for the posts.

supraforums = keeping supras alive !

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
now that i've bought a new fuse for it, the electronics are back to normal. Now the engine wont start, it'll turn and crank but wont start. Any thing i should check to see if theres something wrong? any suggestions is appreciated.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
joel903 said:
now that i've bought a new fuse for it, the electronics are back to normal. Now the engine wont start, it'll turn and crank but wont start. Any thing i should check to see if theres something wrong? any suggestions is appreciated.

thanks guys.
Are you getting fire? Are you getting fuel? Troubleshooting is like taking a dump, gotta do it in order. You dont wipe first, then poop. Think of it as "this has to happen for this to happen" and you will find your problem.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's possible that you may have fried either/or both the main ECU and fuel ECU...but double check all your fuses again since fuses are there just to do just that....especialy EFI1 and EFI2 (for fuel delivery). Have someone crank while you check for fuel pump noises....

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
its probably another fuse or relay...check for spark first since that is easiest to check for

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the posts guys. i've checked and its turning and getting gas, but seems not to start . we've taken out the coil and check and seems to not have any spark. We went again and double checked all the fuses and they seems to be ok. if anyone here knows which one is the ignition fuse or which fuse to get spark, please post.

thanks.

hmoobsupra = hmong?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts