Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have problems with my Supra MKIV -94.

Last week I tuned my PHR MAP-ECU2. The car was running perfect after the tuning and dyno. Here is a movie http://www.maxxtuning.se/index.php?id=61&car=09-0026

But to my problem, after the tuning I drove home and turned off my supra. An hour later I started her up again, it was cruising time :) But then the car began to act very wierd, when I gave it full throttle it hesitated just before the turbo was about to kick in. So I got a "turbo-lag" in like 2 seconds, but after the lag when I got full pressure on the turbo it was running properly. But every time I give full throttle the problem returns.

I parked the car outside my house and went to sleep. The day after I bought new hose-kit, believing it was air leakage.

When I had finished my troubleshooting I started the car. Now it was only running on 5 cylinders. But it worked when I turned off the car?!

I changed some spark plugs because some of them didnt give a proper spark. The new spark plugs gave a great spark. But it still didnt work. So I changed place on the ignition coils(don't know if it's the right word) but no success. It seems like it is the 6th cylinder which is failing at all times. I also switched the 5th and 6th fuel-injector believing that it was something wrong with the 6th fuel-injector but that was obviously not the case beacuse it still doesnt work.

Can it have something to do with the fact that I don't have a HKS-DLI?
But it should have the power anyway to give spark to all cylinders on idle?

It is very weird that it worked smoothly before I turned it off, and then all of a sudden when I turn it on again the next day, the problem arised.

I can remember that the car was running on 5 cylinders one time on the dyno
when the engine was idling, but then we gave the engine throttle and it was alright again.

My Supra is running on NGKBCP9es and PHR MAP-ECU2.

Anyone have a clue?

Regards Jokkan

· Registered
11,198 Posts
can we have a run down of all the mods to more properly diagnose the problem. i can tell you that it doesnt have anything to do with not having a DLI. this could be an injector issue, and ecu issue, a resistor box issue, a spark plug issue. the possibilities are endless at this point.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
can we have a run down of all the mods to more properly diagnose the problem. i can tell you that it doesnt have anything to do with not having a DLI. this could be an injector issue, and ecu issue, a resistor box issue, a spark plug issue. the possibilities are endless at this point.

I have a good spark on the sparkplug and I have switched the 6th with the 5th injectors. But still the 6th cylinder doesnt work.

mods:

643rwhp
HKS pistons
HKS stakes (Don't know if it's the correct word)
ARP bolts
HKS t51r turbo
HKS fullsplit manifold
HKS Wastegates x2
Sard 860cc injectors
Sard fuelregulator
Modified orginal fuelrail
Custom exhaust
ORC 3-disc clutch
Toyo racing intercooler
J-spec camshafts
NGKBCP9ES spark plugs
PHR MAP-ECU2

· GA Rocks!
1,294 Posts
i had a bad pigtail on my injector. check the connection of the pigtail. take a voltmeter and check for continuity from the ecu harness all the way to the injector. I took a staple and put in the ecu harness then used the voltmeter. sure enough, one of the crimped wire fell out.

· Registered
748 Posts
If you wired up the MAPECU2 fully with individual igniters intercept mode, then you could have a loose connection (crimps) or a cold solder joint on #6. The MAPECU2 has individual igniter intercept to allow for timing adjustment. This is not an option on the original MAPECU. Cylinder #6 should be on channel 4 which the signal in and out wires are red and red/blk on the 18 wire connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.