Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i went to the track and it was the first friday that they opened on the new year..and boy was it packed. One of the best cars was this green mustang twin turbo- it ran like a 9.5 or something like that. I didnt run my car - :(- some guy told me i had to be 18 and im not old enough. On the ride home there was a 96ish? Mustang Gt convertable. We are on highway 50 which is like in the middle of absolute nowhere, and towards home there are these massive race track bends.lol they are like huge turns and its almost like a track (it even has banking). Well the mustang gets by me at like 60mph and he gets even with me- (he obviously wanted to race). So as soon as the we get into these massive banking turns, he guns in- as i do. Its pretty even until about 100mph and then i start to slowly pull on him through the turns...My car really performed well on these turns :). And as soon as i got a tad ahead of him i started taking the inside lane and i kept pulling till about 125mph. By the end i was about 1 -2 cars in front. So that made me happy. lol- it was awesome because through those turns i was like pulling G's.
After i get off highway 50, I got on I-95 and im cruising at 70 mph (at this point my emerbenct gas light is on)and a blue IROC-Z comes flying up on me and slows until we were even. It turns out it was a buddy of mine..so we line up (no turns on this race.lol) at about 60mph - he gives me the 3 honks and we are off....we are dead even up to about 110 and then he pulls about a half car lenght on me. I know it wasnt a kill but it was still a really good race. I just said "what the hell"- and i hoped i could make it to the exit with enough gas. After that i went to the station and filled up.lol Well just thought i would post my races!Hope you somewhat enjoyed. BTW i have a red 95 N/A supra. Ive got k&n filter, apexi N1 exhuast, new limited slip, light weight engine mounts, and some other interior shit that doesnt matter. Hopefully soon i will be getting some spray :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice kill Dan,

yea those stangs really feel the pain above 100, I guess being built like a brick does'nt help your coefficient of drag, neither do fake hood scoops..lol.

as for the IROC, they're all v8's right?

Word of warning about those speeds though...while I believe the car to be safe at those speeds, the cops however dont play that shit..I got caught going 140 in a 70 and it was str8 to jail for me...no discussion, he just slapped the cuffs on and hauled me off. :( and on top of that the majority of states have laws for drivers under 21, here in GA 24 over the limit and your license gets dropped. and dont even think about out running the cops, as the officer said to me "you may be able to outrun me, but you cant outrun motorolla." ...anyway I just dont want to see anyone else go throught the shit I had to.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats very true- not only are those speeds really dangerous, i should have thought about the law..As a matter of fact, last night before i went to the track, a car ran a stop sign and was followed by a cop car...the cop ran the stop sign too and almost hit me ..(it was obviously a chase)..well the guy flew across traffic into a mcdonalds...and then the cop tried to take the turn but he was at too high of speeds and he slid into the Blockbuster parking lot, hit a fire hydrant, and went into the ditch...some cops are really really stupid and i was kind of pissed because he put others in danger. The cop almost hit me, hit other oncoming traffic, and almost took out a few people in the parking lot. I dont think cops should try and chase people like that when there is heavy traffic. It was rediculous. Im probably going to make an effort and not go so fast anymore because i have heard what cops will do and i dont want to get in a position like that. Good advice.
Dan

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Good work!:bigok: Is your lsd a replacement or an upgrade? Mine didn't come with one from the factory so I'd have to modify. Did you keeep the same ring gear? I miss the 3:73 (longlegged) gear of my 82 n/a. Oh well, another "mullet" goes down. :boink:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a replacememt- i remember when we had the car checked out before we bought it..the mechanic recommeded the lsd was replaced - so we ordered it from toyota. I have no clue what the ring gearing is or anything like that.lol- i was pretty pleased with it though.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan Supra man, Did you go to Moroso..........or are you somwhere else in Fl.?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the Bithlo track...i am usually the only supra there if all the guys from titan arnt there with thier 600+hp supras.lol

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
DanSupraMan said:
...we are dead even up to about 110 and then he pulls about a half car lenght on me. I know it wasnt a kill but it was still a really good race.
Hey, "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is still Winning!"

LOL J/M.

·
1,522 Posts
DanSupraMan,

Hey, what part of Florida are you from. I go to the bithlo track quite often. Do I know you already?

Troy

94' Supra 6spd BB-TSO4

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont think i know you- but is your supra black? What kind of rims..i might have seen it there one night and i was looking for the owner.lol

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
S_Flex said:
Nice kill Dan,

Word of warning about those speeds though...while I believe the car to be safe at those speeds, the cops however dont play that shit..I got caught going 140 in a 70 and it was str8 to jail for me...no discussion, he just slapped the cuffs on and hauled me off. :( and on top of that the majority of states have laws for drivers under 21, here in GA 24 over the limit and your license gets dropped. and dont even think about out running the cops, as the officer said to me "you may be able to outrun me, but you cant outrun motorolla." ...anyway I just dont want to see anyone else go throught the shit I had to.
So S-Flex, what was the penalty and outcome of your experience if you don't mind. I just received a high speed ticket and I thought I'd be hauled off but no. My fine was paltry and I got 90 days supervision and then its gone. I'm an adult driver BTW.

If people would use common sense we wouldn't need speed limits on our open roads. I was on a divided highway with no cars behind me or in front of me on a clear day when I got my ticket. I would of only hurt myself.
But after the ticket I get on the city streets and almost smashed into by some old man crossing three lanes of traffic. Where's his damn ticket!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts