Supra Forums banner

981 - 988 of 988 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,548 Posts
Probably had a lot of bills to pay and would make more parting it out.

Sad, but true.

Steve K.

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
This thread again...I still can't believe he sold this car after all that. Unreal..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Love the engine bay. Exterior is pretty nice too although I prefer stock body. Imo you would've been better off buying a very clean, built Supra for $50k and spending another $50k on it. That way you could possibly still sell it for $55-$60 and still have an AMAZINGLY car. This is just over the top ridiculous. Blowing money on anything and everything possible. Not a fan of the dual exhaust and having the 18/19 inch staggered wheels. Overall I'm sure it was a lot of fun ordering all bran new everything and having the car exactly how you want it. But still I can't justify the money spent. Could've purchased one of the nicest Supra's in existence (say $70k), a GTR, and another badass car for the same price. Hopefully he got half his money back from the partout

·
Registered
2017 Subaru BRZ PP
2 Posts
I've just spent the last few days reading the entirety of this build from start to finish and wow what a roller coaster of emotions. I'm surprised no one has said anything past 2014. But now that it's been roughly six years it's crazy to see how something of this caliber sold for only $45000 AUS. Just the other week I looked at a 94 6sp twin turbo with the asking price of $40000 with a salvage title. And now low mileage Supra's on Barrett Jackson going upwards of $176k, I can't imagine what this would have sold for today.

On another note what an amazing build. I wanted to know why the fuel tank was deleted in favor of a fuel cell, I don't remember it being mentioned. Regardless I hope you're doing well wherever you are David!

·
Just a guy who loves cars
94' Turbo, Targa, 6 spd, Ren Red.
329 Posts
Holy Resurrection Bat Man-dara808

981 - 988 of 988 Posts