41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
jesus...it looks perfect!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
This is one build that goes down as the top 5 Supra builds in my book for sure! In between #1 or #2

Glad I could offer help, parts and a piece of my blood into this car :)

Well worth the time and efforts with a GREAT customer!

Thanks for everything,
Joe

·
Tearing up Sydney streets
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks mate! LOVE your Supra... as I'm sure you are aware I am a big fan of gold wheels on the right car ;)

First class all the way ...congrats !!
Another Aussie - thanks mugg!

Amazing build.

That Whifbitz front bumper.......champion!

Wish we could get it here stateside.
Thank you Sir. Haha yes the bumpers are very rare indeed, and quite a bit of work to get done correctly!

said it once and I will say it again, Woooooooooooooowza
Thanks Tony, I've always been a big fan of your Supra and those amazing Volks on it!

looks great and what a build... nice job... the only thing I dont like is the steering wheel. I think a TRD wheel would look better IMO.
Thank you Sir - I did toss up between every possible type of wheel, but once you see the wheel in real life, it is definitely a game changer!

Congrats I think it's a 10+ build and my hat's off to you Sir! :hail::hail:
Thank you Sir - it is always nice hearing such kind words from fellow Supra owners. I hope all is well with your red beauty.

David, Lets see some picture of the car in her homeland!

Joel
Look who it is! The bodyshop man himself Joel - folks, even if you are not remotely close to Joels bodyshop, take your cars there. They take their time (in a good way, not in a "I'm complaining that they are slow" way), but for a reason. No rush jobs, just PERFECTION.

Will do Joel ;)

That car is a beast! Congrats sir!
Cheers buddy, I hope all is well with you and your graphic business! ;)

·
Mindset of a Killer...
1,778 Posts
Thats a lot of awesome stuff you've done with the car. I'm gonna be in Sydney in January. I would like to see this beast in person when I visit.

·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
A quick HD video of the number plate flipper in action.. it really is a great piece of equipment - it allows me to have a license plate mounted but with none of the downsides (ugly mounting bracket, nuisance to remove the plate and bracket for photoshoots):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ksSM2nr6Y&fmt=37

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
December bump. :p

This has to be one of the most complete, most well-planned, and most well-executed MKIV builds ever done. I don't think I would even have the patience to wait for SP to finish it. :lol: Love all the videos you are making of the car, too! Congrats on owning such a clean Supra, and thanks for keeping it rice-free. Love the way the TRD kit looks with the Whifbitz nose. Cheers!

·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Thank you Sir! It did take a LOT of planning, but with the help of a lot of people from the Supra community (as you can see in the thank you list ;) ) and some great workshops, the entire experience was a real pleasure and a lot of fun!

Believe me, there were times I'm sure the guys at SP wanted to kill me due to the nature of the build and certain requests that were a bit more "out there" than the usual work (not to mention the sequential TT setup for a RHD car for the first time - Larry, Chris and Vince were pulling their hair out!)

I am hoping to get some good quality videos showing the sound of the engine/exhaust/turbos as well as how quickly it pulls from a standstill and when rolling (it really is insane), but need to take the time to get somewhere appropriate (I am not the kind to do anything stupid on public roads that may endanger others!).

As for keeping it rice-free, that was another of my major aims - especially the interior (it pretty much looks 100% stock, save for the little proEFI gauge and hidden buttons in the centre console). Sure it has a "bodykit", but in my eyes, it complements the lines of the Supra and just makes it look like a wider, fatter Supra (rather than adding sharp lines or offensive "sticky-out-bits" that ruin the natural curves of the car).

Thanks again, it means a lot coming from someone with such high standards who isn't afraid to speak his mind and says exactly what he thinks ;)

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Hey, hope you and the car is doing well down under. I've heard about the crazy flooding. Hopefully it's not affecting you.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts