Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done with my comprehensive stereo install. I still need to do some more contouring and shaping on the sub box, before I put on the vinyl and plexi (over the crossovers). I'll be posting again when it's complete, but I thought you guys might like to see the work in progress photos... It sounds incredible, and the targa still fits! Link to pics below....

my stereo install pics

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: mkivsupra ]

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice JOB! I was just wondering though, what model MCINTOSH amp. is that?? It's huge. How does it sound? Thanks.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
WOW! That is one saweet install!

Originally posted by mkivsupra:
<STRONG>I'm almost done with my comprehensive stereo install. I still need to do some more contouring and shaping on the sub box, before I put on the vinyl and plexi (over the crossovers). I'll be posting again when it's complete, but I thought you guys might like to see the work in progress photos... It sounds incredible, and the targa still fits! Link to pics below....

my stereo install pics

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: mkivsupra ]</STRONG>
:eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. The amp is the MC4000M. It's quite a beast. It's conservatively rated at 4X100w + 2x300x into 4 ohms.. I'm running the sub channels into 2 ohm loads. It's putting out approx 550w to each sub. I can't say enough about the mac amps. I was using a mc420 (4x50) to power the seperates before I finished the install. Honestly, that would have been jsut fine as a permenant amp for the mids and tweets. They are so quiet, clean, and very under rated on power. The only thing is that MC4000M is so big, it was kind of hard to package and install nicely..

·
In The Sonoran Desert
437 Posts
Very impressive job.

A quick question. How difficult was it to remove the factory grills from the tweeter location? Are they held in place with the usual "sticky black glue" or is there some trick to it.

I'm looking to replace my speakers this winter and appreciate any insight I can get.

Eric 95tt BPU++

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
very very sweet ! do you have any pics of the back ofthe speaker grills and the front door speakers in the car???

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I've got some more photos of the doors. I'll try to get them added this weekend. I've also had a few inquiries about the dash tweeter install. I'll try to do a writeup on that as well.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
great!
Originally posted by mkivsupra:
<STRONG>Yep, I've got some more photos of the doors. I'll try to get them added this weekend. I've also had a few inquiries about the dash tweeter install. I'll try to do a writeup on that as well.</STRONG>

·
says
390 Posts
I"m starting my install this weekend. Is it a good idea to start without any speakers/amps, although I've decided on what I"m getting? Also, WAs it complicated to mold around that hump thing? Once you pulled out the spare tire, the thing that balanced it there? Thanks...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm not sure what you'd be installing if you don't have speakers or amps. Are you just installing your sub box? You might want to pick up your subs first. The reason I suggest doing that, is making sure you have enough clearance for the basket, and magnet structure. I had to use a 3/4" mdf bottom with a hole cutout for the gas tank hump. I used several layers of fibergals to cover it. I have a picture of it. I'll try to add that to my install page soon. Good luck with your install. It's quite a process, but is very rewarding once you get it done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts