Supra Forums banner

My supra story......

4K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  fatkatsupra 
G
#1 ·
I am shure allot of you have similar stories about your supras and how you got involved with them here's mine in condensed form.. I was in florida in 1993..there on US 1, looking like nothing else was a black JZ supra the first one i had seen and I was instantly in love..so to make a long story short, lots of dreaming..lots of stopping by dealerships looking at 50, 000 price tags. looking at my pay checks as a plumber, not bad but not 50 k good..then one day, me and Koz were doing, well attempting to do an engine swap in his 90 civic. we had no real idea what we were in for, there was no swaps on the east coast yet, a few in Cali where we got the idea from..anyway we were calling around looking for engine mounts and we were told that there was a guy in Queens opening up a Japanese performance shop and we were like?????..Queens is our borough and we knew all the shops..well we get the address and run into a guy named Vinny Ten...Vinny and his partner J.C are painting the floors in what was to become the Performance factory NYC..We get to talking, we were all the same completely obsessed A type people, and on top of that complete supra junkies...Vinny wants to build a race car for the shop..he finds a shell of a JZ supra ready to be clipped and he gets it for next to nothing...so now we are going to build the first real race car supra in America. If I could not afford a supra, but get to build one and race it, that's not to shabby of a trade off in my mind..so with that, me any my bro both quit our Jobs to work for Vinny and to build the car at night.lots of racing and some of the best years of my life later..I finally got mine on July 16 1999..red automatic...we took her apart and used the block in Vinnys car a few times.dragged her around the country for a few years completly stripped, ended up in Cali and finally built her the way I had always envisioned her..silver, wide, 1000 hp, custom twin turbo, actually she is more that I could have envisioned.Life is good.so that is my supra story in a nutshell. Nothing really makes me happier than seeing and hearing a JZ being used at the track.and to build one and send it out to do battle is like nothing else. first it was drag racing and now it is also road racing, which I am enjoying more than drag racing lately..I hate to say it but it is true..road racing rocks!!..anyway that is my story, i thought i would tell you guys how we got involved with supras. because were pretty much obsessed with them..

Also I thought I would put up a few picks of my car, our shop mule but i cant post picks yet..I think she is pretty much done, but we might do the cage over..here's the set up.
3.0 liter
Aria pistons (custom) total seal rings,carrillo rods, REV ti intake valves +1mm and pyromet 51 ex valves +1mm, crower stage 4 cams, custom Twins Turbo/fab works intake manifold, custom twin turbo system w/dual innovative DBB turbos,22" long runners, 3" D/P, Tilton clutch, TRD diff, Motec M800 with ADL dash,weldon pump, Penske 8600 shocks, stoptech F+R, TRD kit widened, 18-10 F 18-13 R Kinesis K28 polished and anodized black, 2 hose clamps on the car everything including boost is A/N,all ARP hardware (everywhere)...there is more but I am forgetting..last time on the dyno was 1070 at 40 psi...i wish i could share some picks but i guess in time..

Later Eric..

See less See more
#27 ·
Eric,

Do you have any more pics from your build? I would really like to see the setup with the cooling ducts you have fabricated next to the FMIC.

DP

#35 ·
eric,

fantastic job building the supra. I managed to d/l the segments of the build and you guys went all out on making the ultimate street supra. any chance you could post a pump gas dyno. I am interested to see how your setup spools. I like how you sectioned off the engine bay to direct airflow. looks like the inside of a cessna engine bay. where did you source your inconel shielding from?

peace

scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.