Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
165.5hp/427lbs
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, me and my friends been wanting to race so I raced a bored-out ported and polished '98 auto Grand Am Gt with ram air intake and exhaust, and that was the best race we both ever had. I had to give him his props becuase he beat me by about 6 inches, seriously. I lost to another '01 V6 Mustang w/ intake and exhaust by 2 cars, but I beat a '95 Mustang Gt by 1/2 a car. I killed a stock '96 Camaro 5-speed by, like, 8 cars.:spank:
Lost to a new Firebird, hooked up from JET performance. Killed a Neon R/T, and my car ain't running right. My aftermarket MAF get in today, so I have some rematches that are comming soon.:peace:

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
let us know about the new maf

where did you get the aftermarket maf, what kind is it, and for how much did you buy it? i've thinking about getting an intake but want to know of some other things i can do at the same time. so if you can, let us know what you think of your new maf :cool: ... thanks... lateZ

·
165.5hp/427lbs
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My MAF

I have no idea what kind it is. I had my friend at a local performance shop find me a MAF. He said," I found you a stock MAF from Toyota for $600, and 2 aftermarket ones, one for $450 and one for $750." I got the one for $450 and he told he to expect HP gains from 7-10rwhp...? He said it should be here today, so when I put it on run it around and try to spank Stangs, I'll hit you guys back up. :ky:

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Hey Bowman, which ride is yours? Love the website!
Supradaddy, how'ed you lose to a V6, yet beat a GT?:confused: Thats awright, win some lose some. Lets see that Venom when it comes in.:aroused:
Speaking of loses & such, I was trying to rent TF&TF & mentioned to attendant about high Supra prices. He said that good ones could be found in PA & that for a "coupla grand they could be brought up to speed". He said he liked Hondas! No disrespect to the brand as they have great quality contropl etc, but what Honda is fast out of the box! I'm sure the ones with money spent on them could beat me, but in general? The only one I know to be "fast" (to an n/a) is the Prelude &it's out if production soon (too pricey?). Any one care to fill me in on this guys attitude? :rolleyes: :wtf:

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Um those new RSXs are supposedly pretty badass, i heard mid 14 quarter times, the S2000 will beat us pretty bad and oh yeah an NSX. But all we gotta do is SMACK a turbo on or pull a fusion and get 286 RWHP and all of the above should be mince meat. And i know this is off topic but i went the the track last night and pulled a 15.4 bogged big time off the start :(. And i couldnt get another run because the track here is REALLY crowded i waited two to three hours to get my one run. But i still beat the 5.0 cougar next to me and if i didnt bog im sure i coulda pulled into a 14 my 60' time was a lil over 2.5 so i dont know how much better i can improve. What is my 60' time supposed to be at?
Later

S

·
0 Posts
maf

Where can I find an maf, i've emailed venom a couple of times with no response.Can any of u guys help me out in locating one.Thanks, Mark

·
165.5hp/427lbs
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
V6 & V8 VS. I-6

bowman said:
you lost to a v6 stang but beat a gt?

?
Yes... the Gt was a 95' auto which with a 5-speed runs stock a 1/4 mile of15.1. The V6 had some magnaflow or some domestic crap intake and pulleys with a exhaust. It has a 5-speed, so it pulls on me in the begenning, but after that, I start to pull on him, but we're already both at between 90-100mph. but he wins...props.

:mad:

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
:) What a difference a mod makes! I've checked around the kill stories section & found that later Mustangs pre-dohc aren't what the 79- 91? 5.0s were. Now all I need to do is learn how to spot the slackers & getem!:mad:

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
what ever happened to this guy?

so does anyone think this venom maf does what it says, give a 15% increase? do you think it's worth the $450?

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
I think he ended up getting a TT Supra. It's somewhere on this site, something or other about "My New Dawg". Never heard anything about the Venom though......:(

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
I dont think its worth it unless you see adyno proven run . And this if any icrease in horewpoer by go away as the computer gets uses to the extra flow which you will really see any horsepower, plus how much air do you need on a n/a with no headers or anything . to much air you will lose low end torque but maay gain some h.p not much though. i would want to see a proven dyno sheet with them or have a money back garuntee saying if i dont see aincrease on a dyno i get alll my money back no hassles, just do 2 dyno runs ones with it and one with out the vemon. use your sttock maf, t,. reset you computer for best results

For that much money i would do cam gears, elecrtic fans, and underdrive pulleys that will yield you more pwer plud your car will rev alot faster

R

·
0 Posts
Don't do the underdrive pulley itself. Just do the others. Doing the underdrive can cause damage to your crankshaft.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
What's the pulley increase,1-3 hp? Any proof that the engine will rev to it's peak faster? I read the Sonic tech page too.:D For my money, I'll skip that one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts