Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow

don't remeber how many liters I put in, but it's a full tank...
I used silver level of gas from Esso, say 89 Octane.

maybe I will try using 87 next time... i can't beelive my Supra doesn't require premium gas.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
You've got a boost leak or your car needs a tuneup. My car gets almost 400 miles a tank highway and ~320 miles a tank city. I believe published figures for the Supra were 17mpg city and 21mpg highway, if you do not get that or better something is wrong (or your heavily modded).

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
wow!!

I empty the tank about 300-400 miles (crusing)

If i was doing 100 or faster. it will be about 200-300 miles to empty it

thats at 93 octane

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Bishop has E-Manage! cheater!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
i got 330-ish miles once as my max. mostly highway driving.

it's pretty stupid though... man what a gas hog if u get on it hard...

i drive a camry around now and man what a gas saver compared to my supe :)

W

·
0 Posts
Am I wrong to say that running less then 93 octane isnt smart in a Turbo car, especially if youre running higher then stock boost.

Good way to get a BHG or worse if you detonate because of cheap gas under high boost

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I get about 640kms (400miles) on a tank of gas. I noticed an increase in fuel economy after doing some of the mods last year.

(Better flow, without higher boost = better fuel milage for me! ;))

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I have a 7M-GE with a W58 and an 18.5 gallon tank and a 3.91 rear end. I get 18-20.9 miles per gallon, 320 miles per tank if I drive a lot of highway.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I'm close to stock. MBC/EXH basically. I get about 200-250 mile per tank the ay I have been driving. But I have basically been driving with full boost almost all the time. I did some top speed runs and some other stuff with these last two tanks and got these numbers. I wanted to see what kind of gas milage I would get if I stayed out of boost for a whole tank .. but I hate driving that slow. I may give it a try.

I wouldn't expect my car to be running poorly at all though. It is a pretty fresh swap ... well maintained. I think some of the chokey parts on the car may be yeilding lower milage thatn somebody with better flowing exh and intake and what-not ... ^^^like Jeff was saying.

On a long trip that I took the supra on ... I think I got somewhere near 350- 400 miles per tank with highway driving off boost as much as possible.

D

·
0 Posts
Are the mileage readings for a tank that you guys are posting for emptying the tank all the way, or just when the light hits empty? I'm lucky to get 260-270 out of a tank of gas.

·
Back to Action!
210 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
I get about 640kms (400miles) on a tank of gas. I noticed an increase in fuel economy after doing some of the mods last year.

(Better flow, without higher boost = better fuel milage for me! ;))
Damn! What kind of mods are you running?

I've been averaging ~400kms (91 Octane) in my na with an engine that burns oil like a mofo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts