Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 supra turbo I purchased a while back and I have put over $1000 on it in just getting it in good running order. Here is the List.

Factory Headgasket Torqued to 65 lbs
Full intake Gasket replacement
Plugs
Every Missing bolt/ screw/ and nut Inside and out replaced
Oil/ Oil filter
Fuel Filter
Water Pump
All Vacuum Lines
Intake Filter
Starter
Alternater
Full Turbo back Exaust
Thermostate Housing
Hood latch
Replaced all bad Lights
Misc Plastic peices on interior
Windshield Wipers
Battery
Battery Terminals
Brakes
Strut Tower Bar
Stock BOV replaced

Now here is the reason Im selling

Rod Bearing #4 just gave out tonight and I need something Reliable for now. I have babied the car since Ive had it. Its got about 1300 miles on the car since I did all this too it. and the car is strong other wise. I Have washed and waxed the car every weekend even though the driversied door is black, I still took care of the car.

I am taking trades or Cash.

I know that the car is worth $2000 the way it sits with just a rod knock. I can get another block to build for $100 from a friend and youd be set.

Im asking $2000 OBO and I do welcome trades. Looking for Hondas, Eclipses, 240's, or almost anything so lets make a deal.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
sorry mang but no way a rod knocked pre 89 with a faded to hell interior and a miscolored drivers door is worth 2k..... :(

if you NEED it gone...might need to have little more realistic of a price.

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
sorry mang but no way a rod knocked pre 89 with a faded to hell interior and a miscolored drivers door is worth 2k..... :(

if you NEED it gone...might need to have little more realistic of a price.
He can ask whatever price he wants for it, Notice its $2000 OBO meaning he is taking OFFERS. Now stay out of for sale threads if you have something negative to say and are not interested in buying.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
I can vouch for Mark. He is a stand up guy. Sucks to hear you keep having all those problems.

·
5,467 Posts
He can ask whatever price he wants for it, Notice its $2000 OBO meaning he is taking OFFERS. Now stay out of for sale threads if you have something negative to say and are not interested in buying.
youre right he can ask whatever he wants for it...however he said he needed it gone....i was simply trying to help him grasp the market value for the car he is selling. considering i buy and sell them practically everyday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
idealsupra I know what you mean maybe I should post it for $1500 obo but I can tell you that besides the rod knock this car is solid. and as for the interior and black door? well those are just superficial things that can be switched out, in fact i had all the peices lined up to switch but then I ran into this.

The car is a solid project but I just need something I can get around in for now. If I had that I wouldnt be selling it but I don't and I cant be without a car.

Id trade for a $500 - $1000 crx if its reliable and gets me from a to b.

·
5,467 Posts
idealsupra I know what you mean maybe I should post it for $1500 obo but I can tell you that besides the rod knock this car is solid. and as for the interior and black door? well those are just superficial things that can be switched out, in fact i had all the peices lined up to switch but then I ran into this.

The car is a solid project but I just need something I can get around in for now. If I had that I wouldnt be selling it but I don't and I cant be without a car.

Id trade for a $500 - $1000 crx if its reliable and gets me from a to b.
oh believe me man i know what you mean. and i completely understand. and if you had time etc to hold out im sure you could find someone to pay that much. but i was trying to help with you needing it gone FAST.

good luck with the sale man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts