Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, in Dell's parking lot ( I am selling Dell computers again this summer) this afternoon during a rainstorm at 5pm I was running to my car. I noticed the drivers window was down, I said to myself:

"I dont remember leaving the window down....hmmm!"

I ran around the car to the passenger door and laid my books on the passenger seat when I saw the carnage.

the words "Oh shit" rumbled out of my mouth at about the same time my stomach tightened and felt queezy.

The center console is a mess, the drivers side window was laying perfectly beside the drivers door complete ripped out in ONE PIECE ( the window tint kept it together).

The miraculous thing was that NOTHING WAS STOLEN. But they evidentally tried to take the radio. Although I had another $1000 in parts inside the car....they didnt even take $.25 for their efforts out of the coin box LMAO

All I have to say is that I am lucky, I am buying comprehensive ( i have liability only right now) and getting a kick butt car alarm with wireless warning ( cell phone alert ).

Guys, just be careful, thieves are everywhere. I dont wish this even on ANYONE. Its just horrible knowing that your property has been compromised.

The good thing is that my friend has a brand spanking new drivers side window laying at his house and I should be able to find a center console for cheap.

-Jonathan Mann

·
Registered
358 Posts
Weren't you selling your sup? That sucks, fucking thieves! Atleast they got NOTHING!

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
This is truly heartbreaking knowing how idiots out there do stupid crap like this!
Just be thankful ur whole car wasn't stolen.
Yah best to get a pager alarm AND put a auto-lock on.
I noticed some thieves are so ruthless they dont' give a f*ck if the alarm is goin off,
so yah use the auto-lock and make them work harder to try and take ur car!
Good luck and hope it doesn't happen again!
GOD SPEED!

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got pics on the cellphone, but I dont have the abiilty to upload them...LOL

What sucks is that I just started driving it this week again. Only twice I drove it. And I ALMOST did not drive it today....weird.

-Jonathan

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
All this stealing and shit i hear about, even a guy i work with got his deck stolen.

I'm riviting my Deck in place :bowdown: , to hell with screws

In fact, I have NEVER read of anyone Riviting a system in place instead of screws, seems like an obvious option to me if your worried. Dosnt help with them ripping your shit apart, but they likley wouldnt have a Drill handy so, thats what I'm doing. Some Big, Fatass Metal Rivits.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm glad I have a kill switch. They can tow it if they want it that bad I guess.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
same thing happened to me before i painted my car.... was at school (on a day just to study)
came to the car window down:dunno:.......

fucking window was under the car radio was gone....SAFC and other valuables untouched...
i will never again buy a nice radio in a car with sport-style windows....

just a damn crack head stealing a "silver" radio...

i feel your pain bro.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a 92 mustang somebody broke into they smashed the window even tho the door was unlocked they destroyed the dash even tho the deck would have slid out and then they threw the deck on the ground because it was a tape deck : ( people piss me off I called the cops and all they said was you have insurance don't you
Sorry to hear about your window tho

·
Registered
176 Posts
my supra was broke into the summer i got it! they stole radar detector, cd's and 6x9's in the backseat but didnt touch the stereo. I didnt get shit for any of it either. wasnt covered in policy

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Dude, that experience is eerily familiar to my own. I thought the exact same thing about my windows. I hope you either find some good "core" windows or find a good shop, cause I got FUCKED with my replacements. They didn't seal right at all and leaked water like crazy. I also had glass in places you wouldn't expect... like DEEP inside the heater ducts, as it would occasionally spray into my eyes as I drove in the winter... on snow... in a college town.

Good luck with the fixing.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
Turkish said:
I'm glad I have a kill switch. They can tow it if they want it that bad I guess.
Where is that located? :) just kiddin...i love ur car...
but simann, is ur car still for sale or no?

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahmedootie said:
Where is that located? :) just kiddin...i love ur car...
but simann, is ur car still for sale or no?

always for the right price. :)

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
siman

sorry to hear that man, that always sucks but at least they did not take anything :)

Man i have an 87 and that car has full coverage incase asshole want it more than me.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
BTW almsost forgot to add on insurance

for all you guys with liabilty only, think long and hard about just having that coverage. If you get into an accident and it was found to be your fault. GUess what, you insurance might pay only the liability limit of 10k or whatever it is but with a lawyer, guess who assets they are going after when the 10k doesn't cover but 4 days at the hospital.

If you guessed the owner of the vehicle you are right! :) Lose you Supra and any other asset that is liquid assets (saving, checking, income) etc.

How do I know this? Because I am the guy with the lawyer right now going after a liable party ;)

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
figgie said:
BTW almsost forgot to add on insurance

for all you guys with liabilty only, think long and hard about just having that coverage. If you get into an accident and it was found to be your fault. GUess what, you insurance might pay only the liability limit of 10k or whatever it is but with a lawyer, guess who assets they are going after when the 10k doesn't cover but 4 days at the hospital.

If you guessed the owner of the vehicle you are right! :) Lose you Supra and any other asset that is liquid assets (saving, checking, income) etc.

How do I know this? Because I am the guy with the lawyer right now going after a liable party ;)

Damn right! :sadance:

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Sorry about the break in.My car got broken into at a shop where i live.They busted the drivers side windows out and stoled the radio and some things in the glove box but didnt touch my AEM in the floor board,The Apexi guages on the side pillars or the Tein edfc in the console :scratch: .Thank god for stupid theives....lol

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
kinda off topic..

my homie, has a 86 toyota pu, and a 2006 trx 450r, he loaded his quad into his truck before work, so he could go riding in the morning. he was closing the night this happened,

some one broke into his ride, more then likely had a key, and had the ignition turned on, stereo on, and the security of the place he works came up on the crook and managed to scare him away....

the only thing that saved his truck and quad, were the fact he got a started kill installed w/ the alarm, so if the alarm is armed you cant start his rig..

no windows where broken, and no evidence of forced entry...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Turkish said:
they do that here in santa fe sometimes... me and my homie were chillen when we heard tires screeching. so we ran out the door to catch a glimpse of his jeep grand cherekee (4WD all the time) getting fucked up. they just hooked a chain up to it and booked it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts