Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Here in Nashville, TN we dont have many truly fast imports that come out in the winter...

I moved here in December, so I'm sure many of them have just been staying in the garage until summer...

But, the fastest imports thus far would be my 94 MKIV Supra with T78 Kit and a Chinese guy named "O"..He has a 507rwhp Honda Civic that is straight out nasty...

Usually I would poke fun at a Civic, but not this one...it has a fully built motor, and he only runs C16 race fuel..at 24 PSI....Im not sure of the turbo specs as he wont say...But I've seen his hood popped one time, and the turbo is a Precision 60 series, but not sure what trim...

About three weeks ago, he asked if I wanted to run him, which I dont illegally street race...We went to a abandoned road away from the public, and went from a 60 MPH roll, his request....

I was running 17 PSI on 93 Octane Pump Gas (dynoed 468rwhp as I'm on stock fuel system), and he was running 24 PSI on race gas...Here's the outcome....

PS- I'm on BFG Drag Radials, he's on some "competition" street tires....

www.undergroundmotorsports.com/videos/SupravsCivic.wmv

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If he would have been on drag radials or slicks, I think he would have smoked me...

He's got to get rid of the 18" wheels....as his tires are a 30 profile and he gets no traction...

He white smokes his tires all the way to 100MPH....

I have video of him running a 98 SC Cobra, and the tire smoke was crazy...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Next time turn the lights of the video camera ON, The video quality was terrible, Nice kill very close match, that last one when the supra miss look very nice....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the guy that filmed it was just a local WRX owner who asked is he could ride with me...

I had no control over the footage and didnt expect to get a copy of it..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His car is very quick....

If you notice in the video, I pull him hard at first and he makes up ground towards the end...

He has a botton that he pushes that changes his boost level...

His low boost is set at 12 PSI, with his high boost at 24 PSI....

When I pulled him initially he was running his low boost setting, but once he realized I was gonna take him, he switched to the high boost setting, which explains for his sudden comeback...

Pretty neat engineering...and great for sandbagging..lol

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
fast four banger.....jus add the fuel system...n raise the boost n jiss good bye to the civic!!!

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,222 Posts
nice run now if you were on c16 and 24psi there would be a nice ending.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I realized that after I posted it, just used to typing "rwd" since all I deal with are 240's and Supras...

·
4,109 Posts
Riggs said:
I'm leaning towards adding a 75 shot wet kit.....cheaper alternative...
you don't have enough fuel to support your turbo fully, but you're going to add nitrous?
Doesn't sound like a good idea...why not at least get a methanol/aclohol/water kit? Same price as nitrous, then you can take better advantage of your turbo

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never looked into alcohol/methanol injection....

You dont need a fuel system for that?

Explain...

·
4,109 Posts
Riggs said:
I've never looked into alcohol/methanol injection....

You dont need a fuel system for that?

Explain...
A few links
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1815459&sortby=&sortorder=

start with this one:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=264491&highlight=methanol+injection

But in a nutshell, methanol/alcohol will allow you to run more boost safely without a fuel system. You will also get the added benefit of some cooling, and effectively higher octane. The turbo buick guys have been doing it for years with great results, as well as quite a few Supra guys. And as you can see it's quite inexpensive. Hope this helps!

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
talltrini10 said:
A few links
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1815459&sortby=&sortorder=

start with this one:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=264491&highlight=methanol+injection

But in a nutshell, methanol/alcohol will allow you to run more boost safely without a fuel system. You will also get the added benefit of some cooling, and effectively higher octane. The turbo buick guys have been doing it for years with great results, as well as quite a few Supra guys. And as you can see it's quite inexpensive. Hope this helps!
The same thing is happening without the fuel system though, he will raise his boost and be well over 500rwhp and not have the fuel to support the power. I would consider doing the fuel system before anything else honestly, it would be very costly to have to replace or rebuild your engine.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am hoping now that I have the fuel dampener bypass and extra Walbro 255lph pump installed, I can boost a few more pounds than 17....which is 468rwhp...

Some have said I would have to be on race fuel....anybody wanna give some advice?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts