Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: I spoke to HPF today and i must say im am satisfied with the over outcome. They worked with me and explained how there design changed over time and asked me all my problems. they offered to machine me new spacers aswell.

he sent me a 45 degree angle coupler and mounting bracket for the overflow tank at no charge. that is what i call service.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Urban Customs said:
i i also have an ebay core and im sorry to say but it was identical to the hpf intercooler. only difference was thickness.
can you do comparison pics of this? I know this has been rumored in the past. Definately something people need to know if its true.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
thanks for the pics, I thought they used the precision cores, hopefully Chris can clear up the confusion and straighten you out!

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
earl3 said:
thanks for the pics, I thought they used the precision cores, hopefully Chris can clear up the confusion and straighten you out!

i hope so. like i said. im not the kind of person that looks for trouble, its just companies always take advantage of my kindness and after i spend $700+ on an intercooler i would hope i dont need to go out of my way to make it fit and work. u know what i mean?

im sure chris is kind enough to work something out.

G

·
well i dont think it was ever intended to be used with greddy piping. im sure with the hpf piping it would have been fine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i bought the complete kit last year. it wasn't center either and like i said on the other thread my front bumper is bulging out a little on the driver side.

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you look at the pics in this link
you will see that they are exact copy of eachother and piping should be interchangeable.

we cannot ague that. its clear in the pics.

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
B8sAh0L1c said:
i bought the complete kit last year. it wasn't center either and like i said on the other thread my front bumper is bulging out a little on the driver side.

did you lower it like i did or left it the same way. because it was too high and barely fit without hitting all the sub frames.

i mounted my bumper on and the intercooler left about a 3 in gap under where you can look through. it looked kinda ugly so that made me lower it aswell.

if i were to keep the intercooler i think i would need some kind of radiator plate cover because those mounts are not the most attractive thing in this world. lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
The end-tank pipes on your HPF intercooler (mounted pic) do not look anything like the photo from HPF's website :( Yours look short as the eBay you have under the parts stack.

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Marc-P said:
The end-tank pipes on your HPF intercooler (mounted pic) do not look anything like the photo from HPF's website :( Yours look short as the eBay you have under the parts stack.

exactly what im saying. its wierd isnt it.

well i will take off the ic when i have time and place it next to the ebay one so no one thinks im making this up and using the same ic for both pics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
we just kept it uncenter right now. i'm getting some engine work done right now and putting fluidyne and aap fan. maybe we can play with it some more. like to also mention that when i got the kit there was a small dent on the end tank and one of the pipe was smashed in. they sent me a new pipe but the end tank i was on my own with that one. had to take it up with ups i guess.

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
B8sAh0L1c said:
we just kept it uncenter right now. i'm getting some engine work done right now and putting fluidyne and aap fan. maybe we can play with it some more. like to also mention that when i got the kit there was a small dent on the end tank and one of the pipe was smashed in. they sent me a new pipe but the end tank i was on my own with that one. had to take it up with ups i guess.

i dont care much for it being uncentered. human error. even the greddy is off by a little. but a little less. the fact that it sits so high was worse. bu those arent even my main concerns. im just upset i paid so much money for something but didnt get the quality back that i deserved.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Sorry to say it, but you paid about 2X what I did for the same intercooler. If you dont believe me, fine...but I know the facts. I bought my HPF piping for $450...pricey I know, but I knew it would fit my ~$250 cooler also. After I bought mine, the price was jacked up to $600...then availability went away all together. So, for ~$700.....I have the same intercooler you do, at a substantially lower cost. Still dont believe me, I have pictures that prove otherwise..

Jason

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
here's my two yen

i have the same fmic the horsepower freaks, and have installed both the hpf and greddy before. Let me go and say that the greddy isn't a simple install either.

the fmic did sit too high to my liking but thats expected with all aftermarket bumpers even the trd. The fmic was designed for a stock front bumper , so if you wanted it lower , customizing it is expected.

i personally love the hpf fmic, and i'm sure you would have been more than sattisfied w/ the piping kit as well.

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
HotSoup said:
Sorry to say it, but you paid about 2X what I did for the same intercooler. If you dont believe me, fine...but I know the facts. I bought my HPF piping for $450...pricey I know, but I knew it would fit my ~$250 cooler also. After I bought mine, the price was jacked up to $600...then availability went away all together. So, for ~$700.....I have the same intercooler you do, at a substantially lower cost. Still dont believe me, I have pictures that prove otherwise..

Jason
i believe you. it sucks the price went up but what can we do. 700 was with the overflow tank. i think that was like $50 (did not even get mounting hardware) and if you add shipping etc. came out to $730ish price total. now im thinking for that price i might aswell stayed with greddy.

MyKarIsVicious said:
here's my two yen

i have the same fmic the horsepower freaks, and have installed both the hpf and greddy before. Let me go and say that the greddy isn't a simple install either.

the fmic did sit too high to my liking but thats expected with all aftermarket bumpers even the trd. The fmic was designed for a stock front bumper , so if you wanted it lower , customizing it is expected.

i personally love the hpf fmic, and i'm sure you would have been more than sattisfied w/ the piping kit as well.

very true about your statement but why are my end tanks still incorrect. also did you have those brackets to extend the top mounts on the ic.

do you have any pics up closeups. i would like to see. expecially with your trd bumper. thanks

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
Urban Customs said:
if you look at the pics in this link
you will see that they are exact copy of eachother and piping should be interchangeable.

we cannot ague that. its clear in the pics.
1) The core in your camera phone picture is not the same core in the HPF kit linked. The end tanks are TOTALLY different. the core in the HPF link is also a bar plate core, yours is not.

2) why would you assume your pipes would fit their core?

3) The pipes in the greddy kit and the HPF kit are not even remotely close to being the same .

Good luck,

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ball Bearing Supra said:
1) The core in your camera phone picture is not the same core in the HPF kit linked. The end tanks are TOTALLY different. the core in the HPF link is also a bar plate core, yours is not.

2) why would you assume your pipes would fit their core?

3) The pipes in the greddy kit and the HPF kit are not even remotely close to being the same .

Good luck,

so your saying that my hpf intercooler is not the same one pictured? i think so too. also if you look at the pics of the 2 intercoolers they are pictured to be exactly the same. if i had that exact intercooler i wouldnt complain because it would than fit with my greddy piping.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts