Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right. My tqless wonder 1JZ dyno sheets on a stock ecu + SAFC.
I cant wait till I have some cams and a standalone

Dont believe the hype, 1JZ's deff have tq

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was scared it wouldnt make decent power, but you dont know until you try it.
Now people know it makes tq. So the falicies can end. Actually looking from the top 10 list, I think I made the most tq yet. lol

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
nice!

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
Nice numbers... but most people who whine about torque won't really care about your numbers since 4500rpm is hardly 'low end'

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Wreckless said:
most people who whine about torque won't really care about your numbers since 4500rpm is hardly 'low end'
I was just going to say that... Nice numbers none the less
What turbo are you running?

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Wreckless said:
Nice numbers... but most people who whine about torque won't really care about your numbers since 4500rpm is hardly 'low end'
Exactly!

The 7M guys (Myself included) are all for the low end gut wrenching torque that actually moves you off the line. That graph has some nice numbers, but isn't nearly as "efficient" in the powerband as a 7M with the same power.

Please don't take that as a cut, be damn proud of those numbers. I'm just a big fan of a more "streetable" power range, and not many people like to have to wind their engine out to the last 2k rpm in order to feel something.

Oh BTW, what psi is that on?

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
Chrisco said:
.... not many people like to have to wind their engine out to the last 2k rpm in order to feel something.
I do. I love me some rev limiter. the 7M sounds so beautiful above 4k.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Wreckless said:
I do. I love me some rev limiter. the 7M sounds so beautiful above 4k.
Oh no, I love the sound and everything too... but what i was saying is that most people dont want to WAIT for the power until that time.

I'm done, i don't want to go too far OT.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Nice numbers man...450 rwtq. @ 4500 rpm is pretty damn good in my book, give credit where credit is due...not many people on this board putting down those numbers at that rpm...7M or not. Heck my curve looks very similar to yours...my 505 rwtq. is at 4500 same amount of torque with you making 30 more horsepower than me,... I'll take it. Good luck...

Khris

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks osofast.
The numbers look a little higher up on the chart because the dyno operator made me take off from like 2k rpms in 4th gear. So it took forever for the turbo to get in its spot. If he would let me do it how I wanted in 3rd gear a little higher up or from an accell they would look different. Also I was hitting the speed limiter on the dyno.
turbo size, although I aint running nothing crazy makes a difference. I noticed I need to take out alot of fuel at spool up too. I noticed on the dyno it was off the charts rich trying to spool. actual timing control will help too

On the street this thing takes off like a rocket at any PSI. Charts can be decieving trust me. Ive put to absolute shame some very TQy domestics in the last few weeks.

I should also add this just got set up and running like a week ago. . these are my BASELINE numbers. Trust me its got more in it and alot more to go. ;)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a 1j and most 7M guys don't understand. We make torque AND horsepower! Some may think that you have to wait to get power, but when your car revs like an indy car, lag is not what it seems. If you rev slow, and your power is not down low, I would call that LAG. Or if you get a turbo so large that you damn-near reach redline before boost hits, that could be considered lag as well. But the great thing about 1jz motors is the turbo can change the whole setup. Small turbos give you more bottom end, while large turbos will give more top end. But getting twins will give you the best trade off (aftermarket twins that are not too big of course). My 1j is on stock twins and from stoplight to stoplight, I can rip some serious ass. But when I put my single on, I will lose a good amount of that bottom end. To get a good time, the launch is VERY IMPORTANT, but the race isn't over because you had a good launch. You can't start shit without finishing it. Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on the 7M. I think it is a remarkable motor. But you have to admit, the 1j isn't half bad either.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
with a stock redline of 7k, and once u add cams and titanium springs ur good for 8k rpm...i think 4500 rpm is a good comprimise for spool, espically with stock timing. You should re dyno with a speed cut defencer as well just to make sure it wasnt robbing you.

~scott

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,405 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Thats right. My tqless wonder 1JZ dyno sheets on a stock ecu + SAFC.
I cant wait till I have some cams and a standalone

Dont believe the hype, 1JZ's deff have tq

I guess Driftmotion does sell good engines to people, huh? ;)

Nice numbers Pete!

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its a solid engine. Ill give it that. I beat the piss out of it and it takes it, thats for sure. . But my choice in build and way I tune doesnt hurt either ;)

Thanks for the props Jose.

Thanks for the props guys. As I said, this is a far from optimal set up cuz I had to ditch my management and go poopy SAFC for a little cuz it wasnt working. Wit timing control and a better tune then a 3 pull highway tune and then straight to the dyno, I bet I could pick up an easy 50whp. This stock ecu is a timing nazi.
Cams and cam gears will help a hell of alot too. these cams are a little small for singles.

LIke mentioned above, on the stock twins the tq and jump from a dead stopper is no less then a 7M. Trust me, I had both motors in very stout BPU set ups tuned very well. I would notice the difference.
Going with a single of decent size is gonna change quite a few things. You dont just got from a turbo that flows 45lb/min to a turbo that flows like 70lb/min and expect it to spool the same and the tq to hit as low. If you think any different you need to try a few diff set ups. I can tell you from experience you will agree if you have.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,405 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Its a solid engine. Ill give it that. I beat the piss out of it and it takes it, thats for sure. . But my choice in build and way I tune doesnt hurt either ;)

Thanks for the props Jose.

Thanks for the props guys. As I said, this is a far from optimal set up cuz I had to ditch my management and go poopy SAFC for a little cuz it wasnt working. Wit timing control and a better tune then a 3 pull highway tune and then straight to the dyno, I bet I could pick up an easy 50whp. This stock ecu is a timing nazi.
Cams and cam gears will help a hell of alot too. these cams are a little small for singles.

LIke mentioned above, on the stock twins the tq and jump from a dead stopper is no less then a 7M. Trust me, I had both motors in very stout BPU set ups tuned very well. I would notice the difference.
Going with a single of decent size is gonna change quite a few things. You dont just got from a turbo that flows 45lb/min to a turbo that flows like 70lb/min and expect it to spool the same and the tq to hit as low. If you think any different you need to try a few diff set ups. I can tell you from experience you will agree if you have.
1jz can make torque, Its all in tunning just like you said. Im sure your setup has alot more potential, keep going see were the limits are.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Im gonna have to give you a call Jose :). Just need to save up some dough.........

The only f*cked up thing is............. D1 is coming out with a new drift class called "D1 street legal"............ putting an engine type in the car that did not come with car is not allowed I believe.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts