Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
808Supraclub
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some time last year, my wife and I searched for a supra that we thought was special and we found
it in Craig Liebermans TRD Supra that was previously owned by alot of peeps.. and originally built at SPEngineering.
I looked it up and found that SPE had initially built the 2835tt widebody and made 826 rwhp.
Long story short I shipped the car to Hawaii and had fun with the car for about 7 months..
then disaster struck and the engine decided to kill itself at 1 a.m. on the off ramp going home..
So we decided it was time to send the car back to SPE to get it fixed.
At first it was only supposed to be the bottom that got replaced. But that evolved into a HKS 3.4L Stroker..
After that we felt that the 2835 Turbos would have been insufficient for that engine and went with a
larger turbos set up. so we went with a HKS 3037s twin turbo set up.
with that came a whole list of upgrades that wasn't in our original plans..
Such as an Upgrade in the head, HKS Fcon Vpro, Bigger Camshafts.. so on and so forth..
so here are some pics of the car and new engine shots..

Last years Import show off 1st in Toyota catagory

The car has been dyno'd and surpassed my expectations.

I am hoping they can coax out a little more from the engine and hopefully we shall see it go into the 1000 whp range.
:coold:

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Hey bud! You have probably 2 of the BEST supras on the world now. You and your wife are very lucky!

car looks amazing! Have fun with it!

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
God that car is so ugly, you should probably give it to me to throw away for you. :eek4dance

Matt C

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
MK4LIFE said:
Hey bud! You have probably 2 of the BEST supras on the world now. You and your wife are very lucky!

car looks amazing! Have fun with it!

SHHHHHHHHHHHH.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Nasty! Congrats man!

Steve K.

·
Bull Market
1,375 Posts
wow! One of my top favorite supras of all time. I cant stop drooling over that engine...perfect.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
WOW, this has to be one of my favorites of all time!!!!! Is this the same set-up as Ken Henderson's?
Peter

·
808Supraclub
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
X2daC said:
SHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Yeah... what he said!

hahahahaha.. can't a guy raise a horseranch in quiet?!? or does that only happen on Brokeback mountain.. :eek4dance

Seriously though.. thanks for the comments! am hoping that the car is home soon so that I can take pictures of the beasts and share them with you..
This set up is kinda close to Ken's.

As far as the new ride, one word for you..

Insane

·
Banned
754 Posts
Beautiful car!!! Is this Guily's old Supra? If so, this supra almost made me crash the first time I saw it. I was driving and I saw this beast on the other side of the street so instead of me pulling a ueee it was almost a flippy in my beater. Amazing car!!!!

~Farhad G.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
TRD widebody, Silver, HKS twins....

Doesnt get any better than that.

·
808Supraclub
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes.. I believe Guilly was another owner of the car. Like i said.. It has been owned by a whole group of people..
:)

Skyline silver FTW..

1 - 20 of 76 Posts