Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
I swapped the clip from the TT chassis harness onto my NA chassis harness so the fuel pump ecu plugged right in. If you don't have that, you'll have to do some splicing.

Edit: errr.... probably can't splice it without the male plug. You can get the plug from Toyota though.

·
SC Under Pressure
290 Posts
There is always the 12v mod bypassing the ecu...

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
just forget the FP ECU... you don't need it, sell it, get your money back. Connect the TT pump to the fuel pump hanger, don't fuck with anything else. Let the TT pump run normally on the wiring supplied with your NA and call it a day.

FWIW, if you got the walbro 255LPH HP for the NA it is a drop in replacement, no different hanger, etc.... And for your setup you probably could have stayed with your NA pump. The walbro NA 255LPH HP pump is the same pump as the TT 255LPH HP (walbro) pump, it just has a different accesory (install) kit.

how much was that FP ecu anyway?

-M

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98mkiv said:
just forget the FP ECU... you don't need it, sell it, get your money back. Connect the TT pump to the fuel pump hanger, don't fuck with anything else. Let the TT pump run normally on the wiring supplied with your NA and call it a day.

FWIW, if you got the walbro 255LPH HP for the NA it is a drop in replacement, no different hanger, etc.... And for your setup you probably could have stayed with your NA pump. The walbro NA 255LPH HP pump is the same pump as the TT 255LPH HP (walbro) pump, it just has a different accesory (install) kit.

how much was that FP ecu anyway?

-M

65 shipped

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
that's not bad, I thought they were $300-$400.... still it's not necessary and many TT owners bypass them.

-M

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my car is at SP now. i gave them the tt fuel pump ecu aswell as the na. i am too frustrated to figure this out on my own.

i am going to remove that bracket i made once i get my car back. i know they will fix it very easily and i will be able to drive my car home. the question is since my tensioner is new cant i just keep that on w/o the shock arm or do you think it has a different pressure setting because it requires a shock arm. i dont feel like putting the old one back on.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
tensioner is wrong. Send it to me. J/K

yes.... the tensioner is fine, just loose the damper (shock) and that awful mount.

Contact Steve K. (evil supra?) I just sent him my ac pump, he may have a bad one you can use just to run the belt over.

sorry to hear you had to send it to SP..... but it's good that you are putting things right. :bigthumb:

-M

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
98mkiv said:
tensioner is wrong. Send it to me. J/K

yes.... the tensioner is fine, just loose the damper (shock) and that awful mount.

Contact Steve K. (evil supra?) I just sent him my ac pump, he may have a bad one you can use just to run the belt over.

sorry to hear you had to send it to SP..... but it's good that you are putting things right. :bigthumb:

-M

well if i loose that bracket i dont even really need to put in the ac compressor cause i wont have that problem anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts