Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my dreams of a 450hp is slowly fading away so my whole set up of 550cc, walbro, lex , and soo on is no longer needed..

now my power goal is 300HP...

ive read that people hit 300hp with just intake and exhaust with some tuning some say its not possible... well now i need to know....

PLEASE DO NOT post if your not sure about the info that your posting...

so far i got barely anything...
-modified stock intake with k&n filter
-BIC 3" DP
-gutted cat
-stock back exhaust
-good stock turbo(very little shafplay) and shimmed to 10 psi
-boost and egt gauge(havent installed yet)
-turbo timer(not installed)
-manual boost controller (not installed yet)
-ssq bov(havent intalled yet)

whats comming.../for sure im getting
-3" custom exhaust/test pipe
-Apex S-AFC II
-jbl IC piping

(i know i got alot of stuff that i need to intalled but they will go in this comming week end..)

thats all i got... can i reach 300hp mark at only 12 PSI?

any other untap stuff that i could get hp at?

what other mods should i get?

also right now with my set up i get preaty good boost until i hit around 5k rpm then the boost stays is there not any other way to get high end power without getting the turbo upgrade or increasing boost?

adited: note my 440cc will be cleaned and flow tested

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
thats a good combination.... you could be close to 300. you need an exhaust though.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
once you get the test pipe and cat-back on, you should free up some top-end. Your power goals are realistic, but I'm not sure if 12psi will be enough. I'd install all those parts, strap it to a dyno, then make a 12psi pass. If you get ~250rwhp untuned, you may be able to reach 300rwhp after tuning (usually runs very rich).

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
You will need to get past fuel cut. I did 300rwhp on the stock turbo at 15 psi. I did however have the lex afm/ 550's and tuned it with an s-afc. The nice thing is the tourque 300hp and 352 Tq.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ma71supraturbo said:
once you get the test pipe and cat-back on, you should free up some top-end. Your power goals are realistic, but I'm not sure if 12psi will be enough. I'd install all those parts, strap it to a dyno, then make a 12psi pass. If you get ~250rwhp untuned, you may be able to reach 300rwhp after tuning (usually runs very rich).
yeah im trying to be as realistic as possible :D

my 450 power goal b4 faded after i calculated its cost with the t61 and its supporting mods... awwell im young... theres always next year...

btw how muh does a dino charge?

also i got a lex afm body... do i still need it for 300hp?

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im thinking of getting an hks fuel cut desfencer...

i have a greddy bcc but found out that it dont work with 7m...:(

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Twin_turbo_mk3 said:

also i got a lex afm body... do i still need it for 300hp?
If you have the 550's installed it will give you a better starting point for tuning. Plus it will give you a bit higher fuel cut.

Dyno time varies, but if you shop around you might find one that will let you make 3 pulls for $50-100 (other shops will charge you for a few hours regardless of the dyno attempts so you'd better tune quickly)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts