Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is a video of me at the track today missing second gear :rolleyes: .

http://www.absurdparadox.com/media/Nate1.avi

89 targa top na to turbo conversion, auto to 5 speed conversion. stock rear end (4.30 one-legger). all i have is an apex-i air filter, 2 1/4 exhaust no cats, and running about 9 psi.

i cant believe im only running 15.4

i definetally need an lsd rear end either 3.73 or 3.91 . pm me if you have one for sale

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
where's the video?? aight peace :chicken:

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
nice launch... bad spin, lost the grip: you could've taken that laser... but still a nice shot... Always good to be able to go back and look and learn and better yourself and your car...

Good luck...

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Get a full 3'' exhaust should put some extra ponies to help ya with the 1/4 mile times ;)

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
stroked_7m said:
so how much better would me et get with some 3.73's you think?
If your going to take it to the strip often then 4.30 will give you the best acceleration. 3.73 makes every gear longer which will improve your gas mileage and potential top speed but wont help your ET

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Buttmunch said:
If your going to take it to the strip often then 4.30 will give you the best acceleration. 3.73 makes every gear longer which will improve your gas mileage and potential top speed but wont help your ET
with a 3.73 lsd my launch will be better because i will have better traction. with the 4.30 my car just spins. then the 3.73 will put more load on the engine lessening the turbo lag. but yes your right the 4.30's do help the car accelerate nicely when there is traction. but then in 3rd gear and up my car falls on its face. NO TOP END AT ALL. right now im finishing the quarter mile running a 15.4 and at the top of 4th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts