Supra Forums banner

Which Wheels look better on wife's Lesus GS300

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking forward to getting some new 18" CCW 505As for my 94 Supra. The Fitipaldi Force wheels that I have been rolling on since I bought the car several years ago just happen to fit her car pretty well. I put my wheels on her car and took it for a spin today and I can't beleive the imporved handling! My wife is into handling and performance, but she does not want her Lexus to look "ghetto". That being said... Which would you choose: stock 16" Lexus wheels or the 17" Fitipaldi Force with stock sized Supra TT tires on it

EDIT: If I put the 17s on her car, I will adjust the tire sizes accordingly to be a little taller.

My car:

Her car:

Her car with my wheels & tires:

Thanks
Brandon

·
Registered
249 Posts
definetly keep the wheels on it :bigthumb: gives it a much better look.

·
Registered
272 Posts
the stock GS300 rims are 16s.. the Fitti's look okay, but you need a set of mild drop springs to make it look right. Tanabe gf210s, or eibach pro kit should fit the bill.

·
Late Night Street Phantom
2,091 Posts
If you get a bigger tire, the wheels are gonna look even smaller than they do now. Big cars like that need 19's or 20's... so with that said keep the stockers on. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
200MPH said:
If you get a bigger tire, the wheels are gonna look even smaller than they do now. Big cars like that need 19's or 20's... so with that said keep the stockers on. Thats just my opinion.
I am 100% in agreement. If you're on a budget, look into some Axis 19s or 20s? They make some very good looking wheels for those applications with deep lips and staggered fitment. I've seen a couple of GS's with a set and they look very good.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
How about running some stock TT wheels? Stock TT wheels are flat faced with no lip, so they will look like 18's if you add a 1" drop with some springs.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keep in mind that the only reason I would be doing this is simply I would be going to the CCW 505As on my car. Hence I would just have these laying around or would just sell them. I think 18s would be optimum on her car, but I refuse to go bigger and lowering the car is out of the question. Remember... this is my wife's mommy-mobile. If I had my way, it would have CCWs and a turbo :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Stock -

·
Registered
604 Posts
Keep it stock, unless you intend on running at least 19s on that car. I have a GS300 with 20s on order. Anything under 18s look way too small.

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
As stated previously 18's at a minimum. 19" would be ideal. A drop would be nice also. And the fittipaldis don't do it for me.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
lol. 03's would prob look good on there. But keep it stock. The car just dwarfs those wheels. She needs at least some 18's id say. Just to save a little for comfort.

Alex

1 - 20 of 34 Posts