Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My winter project oww ya and 2jz swap *56K death* Video post #451

######Video on page 11 at the bottom#####

Just a small write up on my project and pictures. I will keep updading pictures so check back often. This started with a deal on a 2jz-gte that I could not pass up. It was a complet USDM 2jz with all the parts I needed for a swap. It had a full harness, OBD1 ecu and all the intake manifold parts. the only thing it did not have was the stock twins.

So this winter I started the task, full repaint with engine bay, 2jz swap and AEM ems install. I started oredering parts in November and desided to tear down the 2jz at the same time, just to see how good a shape it was in. It looked fine so I proceded to change all the parts with new ones. I got Clevite 77 rod and main bearings, ARP rod,main and head studs, Crower valve springs and Ti retainers, new valve guides and had the head ported and flowed. Also had the block magnafluxed and the head pruessure tested.

I now have the engine all back together, I just got some Gerddy cam gears and pullys that I need to put on.

We are in to proces of making my harness useing the 2jz one and making it work with the MA70 body harness. I am running the AEM and no twins, ABS, Cruse Control or A/C so we have bin able to get rid of alot of the factory wiringin both the 2jz harness and the MA70 body harness.

The body work was done by Randy (becousican) and a local body shop that treats me very well. I fully striped the car at BIC's shop and pulled as much out of the car as I could. We/he fixed a small bit of rust in the rear quater panel (he has the pictures on his camera) and he also filled all the holes left from the 89+ wing, wiper and antena.

I got that car back from the body shop 3 weeks ago and let the paint set for 1 week ( thats why there is dust all over it) I worked on it most of this long weekend and got the engine bay ready for the engine. I hope to have the engine in the car in the next week or two. The rest of my body parts are still at the body shop and will have those in the next 2 weeks as well.

I still need to get my turbo (going single), clutch and fuel system sorted out. I'm going to be running a T67 P trim ball bearing .68a/r turbo, Tial 44mm w/g and full 4" exhaust. The clutch I'm thinking is going to be a RPS MAX and a feramic full face from HPF. For fuel I'm going to be running my MK4 fuel pump into a surge tank with twin Bosch 930 turbo Porscha pumps out to the top feed twin inlet rail. Just need to get all the stuff orderd for that and I will be all set.

I have a goal of mid June in mind but if I do not get it done by then its not the end of the world, I want it done right.

Sorry my server crashed will upload that rest of the picturs as soon as its back up. :faint:

Jeremy

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
email me the pictures i'll host them! Looks good so far!

·
Take it!
996 Posts
why do you have to keep us hanging like that?? Continue with pics!!!!!

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdmk3_87t said:
why do you have to keep us hanging like that?? Continue with pics!!!!!
Man I'm working on getting it figured out (have bin for the last 2 hours) trust me I will get this to work, or some one smarter will. (Ninja604)

Jeremy :madjerk:

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
I love the paint color!

But I'm still completely skeptical on the usefulness of a fuel 'surge tank' - the only reason we do things like that on intake manifolds is because air compresses.. gasoline being a liquid it doesn't matter, you're just pumping it twice.

·
Registered
625 Posts
color? I thought it was stock blue at first but I dunno now looks like atleast some metalic was added. etheir way Im jelous.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Nice paint. I spy something comfy on the inside too :)

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
wow, thats pretty damn good. I like it, in one of the pic the engine bay looks like its a Daker(much darker) shade of blue and that just looks AWSOME

Looks to me like there is another 2j MKIII soon to be on the road. Good Luck man.

·
Registered
205 Posts
very very very clean so far...only thing i woulda done is buy the JDM Kouki tails since u already have the Turbo A duct...cant wait to see the rest of the progress

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
very nice.. what color.. almost looks like that sc430 color.. so dark it almost looks black, but in the light theres blue..

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
sick color! good job! you should of bondo'd alot of those holes you not going to reuse, but still very nice color!

1 - 20 of 478 Posts