Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i've searched 'cos i thought this was discussed more than once, but i did not find any thread regarding this...

Here is the question: i hear now and then that some people on this board switched to the MY98 brake fluid reservoir. Are there any differences between it and the previous 93-96 one? If so, what are they? and do they really worth the upgrade?

Thanks!
Nico

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
You might try PMing Jeff Watson. Not only does he track his Supra, but he works at a Toyota dealership and can get part numbers and details about different parts. :)

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
MKIV_Aspirant said:
You might try PMing Jeff Watson. Not only does he track his Supra, but he works at a Toyota dealership and can get part numbers and details about different parts. :)
that or Curt at elmhurst toyota. I think he has every part number and description memorized by now :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i would have called Curt, but he is on vacation now! ;)

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
the 98 brake fluid reservoir doesn't have the two connections for feeding the trac system. When performing the trac removal on 93-96, these two connections are capped off. The 98 reservoir is also slightly smaller and "cleaner" looking.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
So you don't have to thread in a bolt to cap anything off? Nice to know, that was the part that scared me...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok then, thanks for the info, kale! Since my TRAC is going to stay where it is, i think i don't need the MY98 reservoir :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts