Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok I was cleaning my engine bay of the crud that collected like leaves etc when I noticed two plugs that are loose. I think these plugs belong together but the last owner obviously tapped it off.

Item 1 is a plug that comes out of Item 2. I believe Item 1 goes into the plug I'm holding in the pic but I'm not sure ofcourse. The plug I'm holding comes from an engine harness. Anyone have any idea what these plugs do? And what the hell is Item 2 anywayz? Man on my evo, I knew every inch of the engine bay. Now with the MKIV im a noob all over again sigh.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Looks like you have a EGR block-off plate installed and connector 2 is now unplugged form the EGR and I bet there is a resistor taped in there so you don't get a check engine light. Connector 1 goes to the EGR temp probe. And yes 1 does plug into 2 if you want your EGR to work.

See here for more info: http://mkiv.com/techarticles/no_egr/

I would just leave it bypassed as it is.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah i appreciate it. the previous owner told me he installed the EGR block but i just smiled cuz i had no idea wat that was haha. ofcourse i've read about the EGR since then but didnt really know physically where it was hehe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts