Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

For a long time now people have been dissing N/A supras! Ive been told why do you auto-x your car.. its a pig! :wtflol: I tell these peeps its all about driver and the car is an awsome auto-x car.. handles awsome once you learn to controll her sexy hips. So this sunday me and my buddies went to our local auto-x and WON 1ST PLACE in F-Stock!!! THATS RIGHT!! 1ST PLACE in L.A. SoCal region one of the most competitive regions in the United States. We beat out cameros that are twice the HP.. granted we only won by half a second we still came in first. I am proud to own an N/A and wanted to share this with all of the people who said it cant be done. Ill post pictures of the trophy once we receive it. Thanks to Joe, Mark, Mike and especially Matt for comming out and doin what we do best... WIN!

Dan "SupraMang" Montes
Signing Out-

·
11,217 Posts
What suspension you have? I didn't think the stock suspension could handle turns very well, at least on my car. I would take ramps and be scared as fuck that the car would spin.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have stock suspention-
btw.. the car handles great and takes turns like no other.. in F-stock the car basically has to be mostly stock.. but you are allowed race tires.. so we had stock rims with Kumho Victor Racer tires.. basically full road race tires.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
great dude. good shit. i was supposed to go auto-Xing(same place most likely) this weekend, but a leak in my hydraulic fan high pressure line kept the poopra home :sad:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hey man, that's sweet! They won't be bitching on you or your car anymore in the future. Congrats. Pics?

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have safc-2 but its not tuned.. other than that I have a BL midpipe and TRD Gen2 exhaust. I had to take my strut tower off to run in F-Stock because thats considered a suspention mod which isnt allowed in F-Stock. I will have pics posted soon as I get em.. probably will revive this thread in a month once we get the trophy in.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Dan,

Good job! What a way to represent Supra :bigthumb:

·
Madison Motorsports
389 Posts
I won 1st in F-stock in a NASA-VA auto-x in my n/a supra with stock suspension by a little over a two seconds about two monthes ago.

·
Registered
385 Posts
on stock alignment/stock suspension handling was terrible. just got a custom alignment at westend the handling is much improved i can take turns much harder now and not as much oversteer as before.. :).

·
en hopup veritas
165 Posts
My name is Matt, I was the "hired gun" for Dan's Supra at this event he is speaking of. First off, thank you for trusting me with your car Dan, glad I was able to pull it out for ya! As for the car, I had the alignment setup done on the car a few months ago for him. The setup I put on the car was about 4.8 degrees castor, 1.3 camber in the front (on the most aggressive side of the stock tolerances) and middle of the road factory specs in the rear. Nothing radical, very mild in fact. As far has the handling characteristics I have been lucky enough to co-driving another Supra, this one a 94 Turbo in Street Mod for about 4 years so that is what I am used to, and Dan's car was a joy to drive. The Turbo I normally drive runs a pretty basic setup (H&Rs, Bilstiens, TRD sways, BPU engine work) with the same aligment specs so I expected Dan's stock suspension and factory style set-up display some bad habits but it could not have been further from the truth. The car turns in beautifly and understeer was minimal. Best of all the car was very predicatable and stayed consistant run after run. I am just happy to say that I have been able to land Joe's 94 Turbo and Dan's N/A class wins in their respective classes (in a very competative region) without going to extremes to make the cars handle. I hope these results serve as some hope to Turbo and N/A owners alike that thier cars are quite capable with really fairly minimal work (and like in Dan's case stock!).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts