Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well i looked, and failed to find anything. Can you put a GE cam into a GTE and expect gains. also would they be a direct drop in...

·
Registered
520 Posts
stratoayu said:
alright well i looked, and failed to find anything. Can you put a GE cam into a GTE and expect gains. also would they be a direct drop in...
some say it works and youll see a difference, some say it wont. just gotta do it and see for yourself. i did it to mine but i did it during a rebuild so i don't know what to attribute the difference too, whether it be a fresh motor or the na cams. a search should yield a bunch of results i would think.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have heard that only the 90+ n/a cams will work for this. I am not completely sure about the year but I believe 90+ is correct. Anything older than that and the cams are the same.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm interesting that its not 89+ cams... hm.. i think i may give this a try when my HG finally does decide to blow...

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
stroked_7m said:
no you can not

measure them and find out for your self. no difference!

EDIT: i measured a 87 cams turbo and non turbo
i think it is only the 89+ that are different.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hm, well aparently they do work, bout 10 horsepower and 20 torque by the looks of the graph... interesting...only the intake cam...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts