Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive got a n/a supra and looking to do an exhaust before spring, however, I was somewhat stuck between deciding on a 2.5 or 3 inch piping. I know that the 3 inch is designed for turbo set ups and I would looks back-pressure with a 3 inch. The 2.5 "so I've heard" has a higher tone (rice) sound, but does maintain the pressure. Can anyone provide help with more pro's cons? Also how would the 3 inch on an N/A sound? Any information/help is greatly appreciated!
Cheers

·
Registered
298 Posts
it wont make much of a difference... power wise... sound comes from the brand and type of muffler and resonators used

do you plan on boosting. if so just get the bigger one now

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Depending on which exhaust you get it will be louder than a TT model. I have the Apexi N1 catback which has 3 inch piping and a 3.75 inch muffler and it's noticeable to everyone around you, and can get fairly loud. At cruising speeds it's a lot quieter though it still lightly drones to the outside cars. But while I drive I hardly notice it as it's not loud enough inside the car. Power wise you'd probably be quicker with the 2.5, but if you ever plan to swap motors or turbo your engine your best with the 3. Now if you were asking if you could get a 4 inch than you'd ruin the car in NA form lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the advice, its been very helpful, maybe looking into the HKS Carbon exhaust if i can get my hands on one! I do plan on boosting in the future as I hear that the GE base is good as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts