Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys..still having n/a troubles..my car started my wanting to die evrynow and then when you were to rev it and let off the pedal. it would idle down and stall out. next came a deep black smoke at idle and then to not idling at all. i replaced the timing belt and tensioner/idler. after all this the car doesnt smoke. but seems to miss a little and not idle at all.from reading other posts, ive came down to the MAF being bad. is there any way to tell if its bad or not? Also when im under the hood, keeping the car running by reving it at the throttle body, ive tried unplugging the maf and it doesnt seem to affect it at all..ive cleaned it, the inside of the throttle body etc..no help ...any suggestions guys?

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
Is the car stock? Is your check engine light on?

·
Registered
402 Posts
well i know that if you clean the maf the little hole can fill up with fluid may even destroy the sensor you can try the sensor itself its the same sensor as the 7m turbo mafs . so if you know someone with a 7m try there maf.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
At least you solved the black smoke problem with the new timing belt change. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea..lol..thanks for the help again FLZ Boy..just cant wait to get this thing leveled out and get her on the road..

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
i know this sound's wierd but try flipping your maf upside down so the connector is on the bottom as this is what I did to make my old supra idle right /have no misses after i descreened/ported it as i was having sort of the same problem with my intake setup. Hope this help's. Also i take it you reset your ecu ?

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
You can try borrowing someone else's MAF (or from a Lexus GS300 or Lexus SC300).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gotta new one on the way fellas..will keep ya guys updated,,yea i tried reseeting the ECU as well..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts