Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of lsd is used in the 93-98 n/a Supra? Is it a Torsen geared for the n/a or a conventional clutch pack type? According to codes posted by Axion & others, I don't have one.
Could I bolt in a rebuilt mkIII unit, if mods create traction problems? Is the expensive TRD unit for n/a's, turbo's or assembled to users needs?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The Torsen type used in a few NA's is the same part found
in the TT Auto's. Clutch type LSD's were not available from
the factory. If you really need an LSD for your NA Supra....you'll
get the same TRD unit sold for the TT Auto's. If you have a 93.5-96 NA..you already have the 4.27 gear. A very good ratio IMO.

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
Hey guys,
The trd lsd for TT 6speed fits into a na 5speed differential casing?
And what is the ratio on the TRD lsd for NA?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The differential ring gear diameter for the NA and TT Auto
is 200mm. The TRD LSD made for this application will fit both
these cars. This is sold as a Limited Slip unit only and does
not include or change your final drive ratio.

The TT 6Speed ring gear is 220mm and will not interchange
without a lot of work.

Hope this helps

J

·
1,005 Posts
Hey is this Jeff Watson of Jay Marks Toyota??:D
Just curious but how much does the TRD LSD cost? MVP sells it for $805 + shipping, also add carrier bearings for additional $40 each. What are carrier bearings and how many will I need (I assume 2), also how much for these? Thanx

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does not include final drive ratio? How complete is this unit? Is it essentially a conversion kit? Could you direct me to a parts "blow-up" jpeg,bmp,etc? And last but not least, price?;)

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave H mentioned that the TT auto lsd is a swap save for the yoke. Are they geared the same? Do the auto tranny gears compensate/complement the 4.27's? :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
What number or letter in VIN for LSD?

Just had a rear end replaced by Toyota dealership at end of extended warranty. thought for sure original was LSD,but tech tells me replacement is not? 95 NA 5spd. Want to be sure they didn't pull a fast one! TRD for auto is a direct bolt on fit? No modifications needed? Thanks for any help!

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I tried but I couldn't remember where the post was regarding the lsd identification. I know for sure the label on the door has the code (something to do with letters I think). Try www.mkiv.com, they may have a read your vin code in the tech section.;)

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, how'd you find it? I remembered the discussion, but when I quick checked the n/a forum, I didn't see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts