Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start swapping my 2jzgte with auto tranny onto my mk4 tommorow or as soon as possible. I got some questions as to what would be required in order to finish this. I want to get stuff in order so it wont be much of a problem to run around the place.

This is what i've listed that i'll have to cater for:
Use the N/A 2jz mounting brackets and mounts on the 2jzgte(aristo motor)
Tranny mount works back
Already got the driveshaft
Upgrade the fuel pump one time since i'll be upping the boost
Rewiring up the car
Making over power steering lines

Anything else im forgetting?

My 2jzgte motor, i have changed to a new timing belt, new fan belt, new iridium spark plugs. I will be changing the rear engine seal and the crankshaft seal as well.

Will be staying on the auto for a few months until i save up some money from my business to get a 6speed with the rear diff. I don't wanna do anything halfway really but i need the car to goto work everyday and to swap that auto to 6speed, will take about a day with some friends help.

OH AND ALSO, how will i go about setting the boost at 13 psi steady? I want to run all hoses one time as the motor is out. Tell me which would be better to use, electronic or manual boost controller and how do i go about running the hoses to use it on TTC at 13psi steady?

Thanks in advance.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By chance, does anyone know if the tailpiece on the Aristo auto tranny can be swapped with one from a N/A 2jz tranny? I dont have the driveshaft for the kinda black propelly thingy with bolts, i only have the driveshaft with the yolk that slides into the N/A 2jz tranny.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts