Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
sorri for not posting in the kill area, but they wouldnt respond nice because theyre all Hi performance and tend not to favor our na's. so id like to tell you guys cuz we all cool here. So heres the setup:

93.5 Toyota Supra N/A Auto. VS 2001(02?) Pontiac Grand Am GT.

im really not one to go out and race so this is my first real kill. ive toyed witha few people but never raced. so my friends and i were cruising around to check out an audio store and get some stuff for my new paintball gun. he's usually the one leading cuz hes got a really heavy foot, so i figure what the heck, i'll just tag along behind and let him be the one to get the ticket. :p so were just cruising and we hit a redlight at a two lane each way road. so i move over and we line up. rather long redlight. there are a total of 3 people in his car and two in mine. the other light goes yellow and then red. he lets off his brake anticipating the light to go green and is about 1/2 a car in front. the light is not changing so i move up a little to compensate. he's still up by at least a quarter car and the light goes green. he nails it(auto tranny) and the tires squeal like a front drive car does and starts off. i do not get on the gas as quick as he does.( i have big feet and clipped the corner of my brake((go me)):rolleyes: ) i floor it and by the near end of 1st im pulling.((i started behind remember)). by the end of first gear his my mirror is even with mid down his hood. by about 5k in second i am completely past him and near the end of 2nd move over into his lane(with about a car between us) to rub it in alittle. i let off here because i really have no clue where this place is were going so i hafta let him back in front. so he does sorta a rice flyby and makes me get on it some to catch back up. yes, it was a short race but like i said i dont usually race. im satisfied, i woulda thought it would've been closer...whats the 0-60 time on a grand am gt ram air? hes stock and im running an mkIII apexi air intake. when we get to the place he's like. i had a bad take off, implying he would've won. but i doubt that considering i had a car on him by the end of second.
after a bit of taking it to around the redline in the first 2 gears or so i turned the radio down and noticed a sound like a loose bolt ratling aroudn inthe engine bay. i dont know what it was but after i took my cd out it went away((it wasnt coming from the speakers but the cd may not have been set completely staright and rattling)), and i also moved my garage door opener which was vibrating quite a bit. im still not sure what it was but it went away and hasnt come back. i think it was cargo (sound is deceptive inside the supra for some reason. but if u have any experience with that let me know. point being i got the kill!! :cool: and altho the rattle worried me slightly my car is running great!!
((knock on wood)) :D
later guys,
Bob

H

·
0 Posts
sweet! don't let the GTP guys hear u. they are still bitching on the 3si forum.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
confused...

hey man thanx for the congrats...but what are you talking about the GTP guys in a 3si forum....i have no clue what any of that is...

Bob

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
0-60 times

alright so ive done some looking around. i think the factory quotes the grand am gt at 6.something i n 0-60 times..but thats not right. ive been at various sight and found a 7.7 0-60 time...which seems about right in my book. so i figure if i there was alittle bit over 1 car length between my front and his, i should be hitting between 6.9-7.4 seconds. i think thats fair for me. considering when i tried to drive and use my stopwatch i got 8.5 or so ((when i was stock)):rolleyes: dont try it, its not something id reccommend doing:p so figure those times for a manual stock or an auto w/an intake.
Bob

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
I've noticed that the mkiii guys keep everything on their forum regardless of subject. I don't know if thats bad or good.:confused: Shit they even rag & brag about beating mkivs!(stage5-7turbos)Watch out there are some pretty interesting cars beating n/a mkivs. Grand Prix's, Camrys etc are on the list. Hopefully this forum will reduce the # of us losing to slightly modified grocery getters :pat:

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont get it...do you guys who lose start from like 10-25 mph? you will lose if you do that. our supras tend to stay away from first gear unless below 7 mph. whihc is why i usually have trouble keeping up the the grand am. put on an apexi air filter $130 and u should be able to beat them highway or from dead stop...dont try in the mph range i listed tho.
ps. grand am gt's are supposed to be "hardcore". this guy thought he would beat me, and after i had thoroughly spanked him he was like, i knew i woudl lose...its a supra....i hate people like that. anway...ttyl
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts