Supra Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hey guys, i stumbled upon this note ... ive been having similar issues, trying to make my manual tach work with my 94 na to GTE swap work , 6 speed swap w/ infinity 6 stand alone... is there a diagram for the igniter pin/plug? mine has 3 wires connected and not 4, so that's where im confused and do i just run a wire from the A16 on the ECU side to where? i dont want to burn anything fellas..

i also did the resistor mod with a 1k ohm on my original NA auto ( based off what what Stu told me) but didn't work. there is something im missing here... i need a full map so i can put this 10 month old dilemma aside and drive the damn thing lol

·
Registered
910 Posts
if one (me) has done a GTE swap with the TT engine harness on a NA , where and which wire had to come into the body harness for the TACH to get a signal? this is what i may have missed, hence why my tach is not working.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From the 1995 EWD book:

Combo Meter diagram, power comes in from yellow wire (gauge fuse), tach signal from black-white.

Ignition diagram for GE: igniter pulses directly to the tach.

Ignition system on GTE: Igniter tells ECU the rpm, and also sends it to the under-hood data connector. Depending on how your infinity is wired in, you could possibly get the signal from the ECU, or directly tap one of the igniter signal outputs (I'd go for the data connector in this case). Your NA chassis harness most likely doesn't have the tach output wire (ECU 40-pin connector pin #16) running from the factory ECU to the meter unit so you will probably have to do some wire work to bridge the gap.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts