Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
after 6 months of rebuidling my car(J SPEC) from N/A to TT 6 speed with an N/A 6 speed diff. i finally got it back on the road and to the dyno shop

with the mods i have its very basic with stock computer and stock fuel system.
all ive changed is,
turbo
manifold
wastegate
cooler
and exhaust

with the turbo, manifold and gate i opted for the ebay path with a master power super T70 turbo - rated at a supposed 600hp
XS POwer manifold
XS Power 46mm gate
hybrid cooler, 600x300x100 thick

custom dump pipe and an Apexi GT Spec exhaust.

all i heard was bad reports with these turbo's...so i was a bit scared after reading all the negativity about them, but i was pretty surprised at my results.

ok, with the results.
keep in mind i have a stock computer and stock fuel system.
here they are http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=4qpv8y ....let me know what you think please?

i have a vid but i cant host it. can someone please tell me how to host it please?

·
3,466 Posts
ummm. . . .is this a GTE motor? You could have made that power on stock twins!

How much boost?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
So... how does the SS autochrome wastegate work?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Hmm... I have been thinking about trying one out... meh who knows.....

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
If it's an ebay procured "T70" then it's probably not a true 70mm inducer like you would think. I bought one of those for a project once, and it turned out to be like 56mm after all. So with the boost you're running, and if it's the turbo I think you might have, then you're congratulations because you're on your way to some goooood HP. :) Can you post a pic of the engine bay?

Eric

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cowboy bebop said:
If it's an ebay procured "T70" then it's probably not a true 70mm inducer like you would think. I bought one of those for a project once, and it turned out to be like 56mm after all. So with the boost you're running, and if it's the turbo I think you might have, then you're congratulations because you're on your way to some goooood HP. :) Can you post a pic of the engine bay?

Eric
thanks buddy:)
here's a pic
http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=4sjtix

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Thanks man, that looks like the turbo I purchased a while back also. What a/r are you running on the exhaust side, because with a true 70mm, anything short of a .96 will surge all day long. Do you have any pics of the turbine housing?

Eric

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is what the specs say

shaft and wheel trim 64.5mm
compressor wheel 70 60.5mm
turbine housing A/R .84

and yes it does surge a hell of a lot.....also my blow off valve isnt working either:(

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Wow, maybe you do have a true 70mm then. 70mm turbos are really the oddball in the Supra community because of the tremendous surge issues.

Eric

·
Ninja Engineer!
336 Posts
I suggest you do a search and see what other people have to say about your surge-prob.
Seemes to remember WOTM having some anti-surge compressorhouses for some of their T's, but hell, I don't know shit about - I'm just suggestin'.

-dela-

·
Registered
907 Posts
Since your still on stock fuel, it would probably be wise to sell your turbo and buy a smaller one perhaps? The rest of the kit sounds great but I think the turbo is holding you back. Get two bov's for the time being to hep with the surge and turn the boost up!

-Mike

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Or just get a larger a/r housing. Word was that a .96 helped greatly with the surge issues, but at a .84, a 70mm will surge till the cows come home on our 3.0 liter motors.

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
what kind of spring does the wastegate come with?

Like how much boost can you get with the wastegate only no boost controller?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts