Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any mod out there that will improve proformance? Except a motor swap? Also i heard that its really hard to turbo the 7m ge motor? I see alot of fuel mods but do those mods improve anything? since im only n/a. Please help.!!!! slow supra trying to earn respect.

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
I'll add a couple more things: 180 thermostat, electric fan, 1 piece light driveshaft, a good clutch and gear oil will help. Still is not going to be a rocket ship. And please stop gutting your cats and using test pipes on N/A's. A 2.5" hi-flow cat will do just fine, without the stink.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about cams? is there any improvement? and icould i get like 550 injectors? also headers? is pacesetter my only choice?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
headers are good as well as cams, the 550s wont do anything for you imo. your not pushing enough power nor sucking enough air to run that high of an injector. turbo guys around here push pass 350rwhp on 440(stock turbo injectors) without a problem. So unless im wrong there useless and a waste of money

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
IMO the AFM mod is a waste of time. There is no logical explanation of how it does any good

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
suprafly1986 said:
IMO the AFM mod is a waste of time. There is no logical explanation of how it does any good
:stupid:
I just turned mine back because it was making me run way rich, and was the main cause to me failing emissions. I turned it back and now the car is faster, so I wouldnt do it.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
nah it depends on what size of it you get. which bring up a whole another fight all together. if u get a apporiate size for the application it will inscrease power.just search around for na exhaust sizes,everyone has there opioin just like everyone has a belly button

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Yes, get the OBX headers :)

EDIT: After you get the 3 main things (Intake/exhaust/headers), start routing for more cold air, get some heat shields or wrap a few things in thermacore to cool some of the air from the exhaust manifold and the intake :)

The coolant bypass trick also supposedly works very well, I'll be doing it when I get my car back, and it's very simple.

BTW Dean Marcum advised me about the AFM trick before. Here's what he had to say: "Unless you are running headers or have done some porting work you will not get anything out of the AFM mod aside from slightly less gas mileage." So that trick is for the highly modded NA's, that will have use for more fuel. Unless you're recieving much more air than normal, the trick will be pointless ;)

Most of the info I get from modding an NA comes from Dean, because he ran a 13.9 a long time ago in his NA, so he obviously knows what he's doing :)

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
When I had my techtom ecu it added a good amount of power. It's on Ebay now, check my sig. Later.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The basic mods will bring good results. Remember "air in air out" just like breathing. Intake mods for the inhale: filter, straighter path less bends, a diameter that matches the TB, Is the TB fully open at full throttle. Exhaust mods for the exhale: good headers, a good exhaust to match meaning no straight pipe crap. Find a good muffler, something like a Dynomax. By the time you have mastered these everything in the middle will make more since. Don't give up the only stupid question is the one not asked!

Allan:cool:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts