Supra Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
Allan"Defiant7M"Sterling said:
You got it....also the coolant circuit mod can be adjusted so running rich isn't a big deal. I feel it's worth doing also

Allan:cool:
thanks allan. Why is the q45 throttle body a popular choice. Does it hook up easy? Can you use other throttle bodies? What i'am not sure on is how do you make another throttle body work. thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
waynis said:
thanks allan. Why is the q45 throttle body a popular choice. Does it hook up easy? Can you use other throttle bodies? What i'am not sure on is how do you make another throttle body work. thanks
The Q45 TB is popular mainly for its size [email protected] the mouth [email protected] the throttle blade. Also you can use your 7M tps. You can use other TBs. To make the 2J upper manifold and Y pipe work easier i would use the stock 2J TB

·
2,023 Posts
thanks. I like this idea:)

·
Registered
583 Posts
yes you can do both. the connecting of coolant lines prevents the intake from getting hot with the engine and when you mess with the sensor it tricks the computer into thinking that th intake has colder air coming in.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
So I just "connect" the 2 coolant lines going to the TB? Do I run them into one another or how exactly does that work? Pictures would be useful cuz I don't have my car back yet so I can't exactly just go see how it would work :(

·
2,023 Posts
yeah i'am a bit confused too. DO we block off where the hoses went on the throttle body? What about where the hoses are coming from. One comes from near the manifold. Pics of it completed would be great!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just get a barb fitting and connect the two hoses together. Then get some larg vac. caps and cover the two lines coming out of the TB(thats just for cosmetics). Nothing will come out or leak from the line on the TB. I can't do complete pics my car is in a trillion pieces.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Finally got my car back. So I can just take both ends going INTO the TB and put the smaller one in the larger and then clamp it? Will coolant leak out when I remove either of the hoses? BTW I plan on just using one of the extra clamps from the 2 ends, is that alright?

·
Registered
288 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
Finally got my car back. So I can just take both ends going INTO the TB and put the smaller one in the larger and then clamp it? Will coolant leak out when I remove either of the hoses? BTW I plan on just using one of the extra clamps from the 2 ends, is that alright?
No, either get a barb fitting, or run get some more hose and run 1 line.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Back on topic. I have read really good things about the OBX headers. But is the installation hard? I heard it mounts right up to ur car w/o modifying it, (like the pacesetter) Should I get this mod? I already have a 2.5 exhaust and intake done.`

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Yes, if ur looking for a speedy NA, headers are a must. Pretty sure they just bolt right up, although I have heard about some people modifying them. Do a search and u'll find out exactly what you need to know.

Like I said before, headers, intake, and exhaust are the main things u can do besides for internal work. U can also drop some weight from the car and wrap quite a few components with heat wrap. Several tweaks u can also do such as the 2 coolant mods that were discussed.

·
2,023 Posts
the obx headers might not need modifications though. But no one has bought them on here yet I guess. I plan on buying them eventually.

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
after my rebuild is done i plan on after the break in a baseline dyno. then a dyno with the obx headers. then on with adjustable cams sprockets. then later when money permits one with under drive pully so we can get some good numbers

41 - 57 of 57 Posts